Why do i never learn?

Dave H

Many years back after recieving a rod in the post by courier by the company it turned up smashed. I vowed never again but never say never eh!!!It was a bargain , i only wanted one but the two for a cheap price i thought why not. I checked it quickly before the courier left but where there were two offcoarse 'muggins' here inspected one but the guy did not wait any longer . how do you stop a 18 stone brick **** house from leaving...Well i could but you get my drift.

Well i inspected the wrong one as the other was smashed. it was in tube packaging but nevertheless.

Now bloody hassle and to be honest the post cost ( yes i never read the small print on returns) is 2/3 the cost of the rod and one was a spare really so i am not sure i could be bothered.

I have actually found that private sellers do a much better wrap up job than retailers and that bugs me!

But i am to blame i guess in part...Now i will say never and you can forget 'never say never :angry: '

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only ever once bought a rod via mail order - that arrived smashed, just above the handle - I got a refund and bought something locally which hadn't been available when I ordered the first one - a few weeks later a replacement for the broken rod arrived - I fully expected to get a request for it to be returned cos I now hadn't paid for it - but I still have it. B)

Having seen the way couriers chuck stuff around in the back of their vans, I'm not surprised. It's a wonder anything arrives intact.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Having seen the way couriers chuck stuff around in the back of their vans, I'm not surprised. It's a wonder anything arrives intact.

I have ordered a lot of rods in the post and never had a problem. I would be furious if it hadnt been packaged properly though.

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

The supplier should be responsible for the return postage on faulty goods.

And you stop the driver from leaving by simply not signing till you are happy with the kit. if he leaves without a signature you have an easy out - wait a couple of days and then report them not received!

Mat

Mat

I've had quite a few rods delivered by post in the last couple of years (a mixture of ebay and direct from shops), and thankfully all have arrived safely. Last year I bought a Fox Kevlar barbel rod from a private seller on ebay, and instead of posting he drove all the way down from the Midlands one evening to hand deliver it, in case it got damaged in the post! It's a superb rod - way too nice to actually use :D

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Last year I bought a Fox Kevlar barbel rod from a private seller on ebay, It's a superb rod - way too nice to actually use :D

I'd always wanted one of these (despite reading some bad press), and finally took the plunge a few weeks ago. Mine also came from Ebay and incidentally, was remarkably well packaged!

It really is as good as I so desperately wanted it to be. Like all kevlar rods that I've handled, it has an elastic quality that makes playing fish a joy, and an unbreakable feel when you have to really apply the brakes .

Now I just need to convince the missus that I need a pair :D

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

I'd always wanted one of these (despite reading some bad press), and finally took the plunge a few weeks ago. Mine also came from Ebay and incidentally, was remarkably well packaged!

It really is as good as I so desperately wanted it to be. Like all kevlar rods that I've handled, it has an elastic quality that makes playing fish a joy, and an unbreakable feel when you have to really apply the brakes .

I think it's just not my luck. I had a fox drop off alrm delivered a few weeks back when i opened it and switched it on the switch fell out.... :angry:

The problem is that online in general many things are so much cheaper but if it goes wrong you pay for it...Literally!

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

I think it's just not my luck. I had a fox drop off alrm delivered a few weeks back when i opened it and switched it on the switch fell out.... :angry:

The problem is that online in general many things are so much cheaper but if it goes wrong you pay for it...Literally!

I might be tempting fate here, Dave, but I've yet to receive any item broken in transit.

I think I saw that one - a real flurry of bids at the end! Three rods in one really, and still have an excellent reputation, and really hold their value against modern rods. I've only ever seen praise for them, would be interested to see the bad press?

I'm keeping my eye put for a second as well now :rolleyes: Trouble is they don't come up very often, and when they do there are always plenty of people willing to pay serious money for them.

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music