criticism required

Guest NickInTheNorth

Guest NickInTheNorth

I have been asked to produce some prints for sale locally, (and a calendar!). I'm not sure that the pictures I have are good enough, and I wondered if anyone would be kind enough to take a look at the following web page and give me your honest opinions.

I'm pretty think skinned so don't be afraid of upsetting me

Nick

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Nick,

Blimey... someone actually asking for criticism :D

I thought they were all good.... Though I thought "Clouds Over Muck" and "Red Clouds in a Big Sky" were absolutely superb....

I'm no art critic though Nick, just stating my personal preference... and yeah, I reckon they'd sell :D

Good Luck

Simon

Guest NickInTheNorth

Thanks for those kind words Simon, there are a few more pictures there now. :):)

It's very flattering to have been asked to produce these pictures, and thats why I thought I would ask on AN for criticism. I just know that people like to do that sort of thing. :D:D

Guest Ferret1959

Crap all flipping crap.

Not really they look great do you mind me ripping a couple off for back grounds on my pc. :)

Cheers.

[ 26 February 2002, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: Ferret1959 ]

Guest NickInTheNorth

Feel free to use as backgrounds, or email me and I'll send a higher res version of which ever you want.

And thanks for the comments.

Keep them coming.

Nick

outrageous i have carefully examined every one in detail and nowhere can i find a topless sunbather or even one with a young girl in a sheer white bikini emerging from the water totally unaware that...........dribble

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Nick, I thought they were all extremely good.

I automatically prefer the ones with no "man made" objects in them.

That land/seascape is so beautiful it doesn,t deserve man made objects.

Congratulations.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Hi Nick, Good pictures. Maybe one or two things that may improve a couple imo :rolleyes: .Sunset at Gallanach;- paint out the black blob (could be a bird) as it takes the eye away from a great scene. 2 Bad day at Black Rock;- Try cropping out the two objects at the bottom of the picture.3 Clouds over Muck;- Lot of black at bottom of picture, any chance of lightening it a bit?4;- Shearwater departing;- Put some detail in the sky, clouds or colour. Cant see where the picture ends at the moment.5;- Wave and waves, Sharpen.6;- imo Candles in cave is a bit blurred. Like I say this is only my opinion but maybe worth a try. Hope you have success with your venture.ATB. :cool: