Here comes another!

Leon Roskilly

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leon - yup. The track on this one looks lots more likely to make US landfall. And a very well organized storm for as far out as it is. May be an interesting week.

Bulster - we'd been discussing Hurricane Fabian in the sea section. Big storm but luckily curved north well before it neared the US mainland and had weakened before it got close to Nova Scotia. After the entire season with no serious storms, they are now headed this way with a vengence. Sorta like baiting up for fish for a couple of days with nothing and then all of a sudden there are bubbles and boils everywhere. :D

Isobel is the one Leon is speaking of and you can get details from Here if interested. I live close enough to the Atlantic Coast that I am interested.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

You can keep an eye on the situation here:

LIGB68.jpg

and what's likely to happen here:

082253W5.gif

Latest information here:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATC...l/090247.shtml?

Good luck Newt :)

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

i`v often wondered why people living in a tornado /hurricane zone build their houses out of little more than plywood (i was going to say hardboard) wood is cheap over there but poured concrete isnt much more surely a well designed building could be everything proof :confused:

[ 09. September 2003, 07:47 AM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

almost makes me glad to think i live in a country that is almost tornado free.

Hope you guys will be ok. looks like things are gonna get a little rough

[ 09. September 2003, 10:50 AM: Message edited by: Ziffy ]

chesters1, my friends in the US answered that question, when I asked it.

Wood and building blocks, are a lot cheaper than bricks.

In severe weather, they rely on evacuating to designated safe premises (schools, government buildings etc.)

If their house blow down "thats what we pay insurance for".

Seems OK to me. :)

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

In our 'hurricane' a few years back (it wan't a hurricane, but was hurricane force winds), the roof lifted off our neighbour's brick built building and the brick walls were blown down!

And a number of brick houses near to me, had considerable damage done to their brickwork walls.

If there's a danger of a house coming down on top of me, I think that I'd rather take my chances with timber than masonary!

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Once upon a time there were three little pigs who were terrified by a big bad wolf, so they decided to build a house so that they would be safe inside when the wolf came calling, but they couldn't agree on what to use to build the house...........................................................................

.................................................................................

................... ............ :):)

[ 10. September 2003, 12:32 AM: Message edited by: Nugg ]