Closed Season

Colin Payne

So all you UK anglerphiles, with the closed season approaching the question is what do you do in it? Do you have a local water that doesn't close or do you hit the canals with a vengeance or simply put all your gear in storage and go shopping with the missis at the weekend for three months! :( Rumours are that my local water(Goldsworth Park) is not closing, but if it does I've got the Basingstoke Canal local too. Do you guys over the water in the States have anything like this or is it fishing all year round.

I am dyslexic of Borg, refistance is sutile.............your ass will be laminated!

Colin - the US has a mixed bag. Many places, all species and all year. Other places there are closed seasons on certain species only. Others are fine. Mostly the fish classed as "game fish" over there have closed seasons in some places here.

I'm not aware of any waters that close although there could possibly be some somewhere.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Colin

You want to get youself out of miserable wet England and into a decent country like France.

Over there - as in the US - there are closed seasons for certain species but not for all species. So general coarse fishing on Rivers and Lakes can take place 365 days a year!!

To true Dacer, I have long argued that different species should have different close seasons which can be varied according to the conditions, but it seems that you have to be either for or against,

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I don't normally go fishing during the rivers close season i use the money i would spend on fishing each week to buy 25kg's sack 's of hemp, groundbait,fishmeal,get bag's of carp 3000 groundbait,check all my tackle over ,replace used item's, buy new line for reels ,get extra tin's of sweetcorn ,meat with weekly shopping,service reel's rod's tackle etc. So when the new fishing season start's in June it wil hardly cost me anything to go fishing.

:D:o:)

Cheer's Larry

http://www.larrysworld.co.uk

mailto:larry@larrysworld.co.uk