Carrera Bikes On Offer

Elton

I've got the shorts that have a nappy in them. I use those on the mountain bike, too :) The vibration you get on this bike goes through the arms as much as the arse! :D

It's no surprise - the wheels are so thin and the tyres are tiny.

Suitable tyres on the mountain bikes would be a good idea. I did think of getting a hybrid, but then decided that as I cycle alone, I'd push for all-out speed.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Yes, I've got some of those "can't believe I've not pooed myself" shorts too. Effective, but... First thing the wife did when the bikes arrived was to go to Halfords and buy a big squidgy gel seat :rolleyes:

We want something a bit faster on tarmac, and something a bit less susceptible to punctures - we've only been out on the bikes three times since we got them out for spring, and we've had two punctures.

I haven't cycled over winter and need to get my fitness back up to a decent level - one of my mates has suggested doing the Norwich 50 with him in May! :o

Looks like a nice little ride that, the norwich 50 If it was later in the year and a bit closer to home I might have had a pop at the ton version. I'm looking at doing this trip (see also here )later in the year (weather dependent).

The trip I'd really love to have a go at is this but its getting the time off work to do it.

Edited by snakey1

Looks like a nice little ride that, the norwich 50 If it was later in the year and a bit closer to home I might have had a pop at the ton version. I'm looking at doing this trip (see also here )later in the year (weather dependent).

The trip I'd really love to have a go at is this but its getting the time off work to do it.

Awesome. I was looking at some cycling holidays, too, probably starting with short UK ones and then seeing if I can brave a foreign one.

Yes, I've got some of those "can't believe I've not pooed myself" shorts too. Effective, but... First thing the wife did when the bikes arrived was to go to Halfords and buy a big squidgy gel seat :rolleyes:

We want something a bit faster on tarmac, and something a bit less susceptible to punctures - we've only been out on the bikes three times since we got them out for spring, and we've had two punctures.

How the hell have you picked up so many punctures? My mountain bike has had the same tyres and tubes for about ten years! :D

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

How the hell have you picked up so many punctures? My mountain bike has had the same tyres and tubes for about ten years! :D

Thorns, usually, occasionally broken glass. The hedgerows round here are full of various thorny things and we ride into the edge of Swindon where the local teenagers sometimes do their underage cider drinking and bottle smashing routine.

I do think the tyres the bikes came with are peculiarly crap in the puncture resistance department, though.

Thorns, usually, occasionally broken glass. The hedgerows round here are full of various thorny things and we ride into the edge of Swindon where the local teenagers sometimes do their underage cider drinking and bottle smashing routine.

I do think the tyres the bikes came with are peculiarly crap in the puncture resistance department, though.

Argh, blackthorns and hawthorns are the bane of my cycling at times, I've had 3 punctures in one wheel at the same time after riding over a particularly thorny bit of towpath, still it teachs you how to repair a puncture pretty quick (or swop the inner tube for a fresh one if its p1ssing down).

Mountain biking is one of the reasons I haven't fished in almost 18 months ( planning to go soon have renewed club ticket and bought a licence it will happen this year)

Bikes are a bit like fishing rods you need a different one for every occasion ! Thats what I tell my girlfriend anyway. There were 5 bikes in the garage when I last looked. Its easier to hide fishing rods they can sit in a bag without being seen.

Cycling holidays a lot of fun booked up go to the Alps in the summer very big hills to ride down which just happen to have ski lifts that have bike racks fitted for riding up on ( it is a holiday after all can't be doing all that riding up hill)

When is the Norwich 50? Although road biking is often called the "darkside" to us mountain bikers :P

I'm back is fishing like riding a bike? you never forget how?

Argh, blackthorns and hawthorns are the bane of my cycling at times, I've had 3 punctures in one wheel at the same time after riding over a particularly thorny bit of towpath, still it teachs you how to repair a puncture pretty quick (or swop the inner tube for a fresh one if its p1ssing down).

Yep, we carry a spare inner tube now, can always fanny about patching the old one back home.

Thinking about getting something like this. Bit faster on road than the knobblies the bikes came with, and hopefully better puncture protected.

Theres a pretty full range of schwalbe tires (they sell other makes as well)here at chain reaction cycles and they're pretty competitive on prices (I use them quite a lot in fact I purchased my new mountain bike from them) I'm running schwalbe rocket rons at the moment as they're what came on the bike but I'll probably go back to panaracer fire xc pro which is what I was running on my old bike (not very puncture resistant, like the rocket rons, but i can get them on and off the rims really quickly and easily).

When is the Norwich 50? Although road biking is often called the "darkside" to us mountain bikers :P

27th May - http://bike-events.com/Ride.aspx?id=318

:)