biking to the lake

danny29

A little off topic but what are the dimentios of that bag ?

They're not quoted on the UKFT site and it looks half decent.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Attach rod etc to the crossbar. Some of it will petrude over the crossbars but this will be ok.

I think you'd be better off with a bike with paniers. It may not look 'cool' but they're very useful. And a rucksack is so much better (i.e. secure) than a shoulder bag/holdall when on a bike. The shoulder bag will slip off and hang down. Not great (sorry Ian at uk fishing tackle). That particular bag does look great but not for cycling, imo.

Basically travel as light as possible. You don't actually 'need' that much for a days fishing. You'll see guys with huge bags and boxes etc but they won't use most of the stuff they're carrying around.

Edited by bingo

The best time to fish is when you have a chance.

I'd add that I've found that there's a big difference when riding a bike between a shoulder bag and a rucksack. The latter stays put on your back, the former can move and is potentially dangerous. A rod holdall is even worse and should be avoided at all cost.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Not sure of the cost to buy or shipping or if you can source something similar locally but check out the Albacore backpack tackle bags.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

First of all you need a traditional bike i.e. with a crossbar. They are getting rarer.

When I was a kid the setup was one three piece rod, one landing net handle, one fold-up landing net, two banksticks with small rod rests attached. All this went on the crossbar.

One rucksack containig one reel, one baitbox with bait, one small box of terminal tackle, one old hand towel, sandwiches and bottle of pop.

And we sat on the grass on the bankside, but then fishing was always a summer pastime.