John Entwistle Dead

Elton

Who bassist John Entwistle has died :(

Story here.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Hi Elton,

Very sad indeed, I'm a big Who fan and have seen them play live many times over the past thirty years.

I heard the news last night on the radio as I was driving home from a hugely enjoyable few days fishing and it brought it home to me with a bang.

Fifty seven is no age and there are plenty of us out there not far off it ourselves yet we still think we are kids.

John Entwhistle was without doubt one of the best bass players, a virtuoso performer.

I'll miss seeing him perform live and I can't see the Who carrying on now, which is a shame as their recent live gigs have been as good as any over the years.

Buy the video or DVD of the Who live at the Albert Hall, you'll then realise just how good he was.

kerry just got home and told me, gutted, just gutted.

they where just about to start a tour too.

[ 28 June 2002, 11:03 PM: Message edited by: Gray-Catchpole ]

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

I like Steve am an immense Who fan.What a sad lose it is that John has passed away .Now there are only two of the original line up left I don't think they can contimue.

THE greatest group ever to have performed,and don't think there will ever be any-one at present or in the future who could match them.Who else could come up with masterpieces like "My Generation" and "Wont get fooled again".

"Going to put me Parka on, and polish the Lammie GP 150 now"

Am I this old?

I used to see the whole group having a breakfast in a cafe on the `Balls Pond Rd` in the 60`s. Perhaps I am that old.

Well. At least Roger Daltry has remained a dedicated angler through all his stardom.

You know you`re getting old, when your pop idols die before you? In their 50`s and 60`s, not their 20`s?

Paul.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

The Who are to continue the tour as a tribute to John Entwistle with Pino Paladino (he of the fretless Paul Young tones and recently main bassist at the Jubilee gig) on bass.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/entertain...000/2074426.stm

I am dyslexic of Borg, refistance is sutile.............your ass will be laminated!

It was bad, bad news. Like most of you I've been a Who fan for nearly 30 years, and as a would be bassist myself have always been awestruck by his technique, always the quiet one stood on his own at the back.

Saw them at Wembley 1979, with Kenny Jones. My first major gig, what a way to start. Nils Lofgren, AC DC, Stranglers and the Who on the same bill. Then they closed the underground so we couldn't get home. Had to phone my Dad at 2.am and get him to pick us up. Happy days.

Its a bit worrying when your rock heros "fade away" rather than burn out, reminds you of your own mortality.

Probably will get fooled again

Bikenut