Fancy fishing the Broads then?

Peter Waller

Without looking at the link I always thought that the rivers themselves were natural(being rivers),but that the broads were dug out for peat extraction.

Dug out or not,natural or man made they still are in my opinion lakes. If they're not then what do you call all the man made, manually dug out lakes constructed by Capability Browne

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are medieval peat diggings. I suspect the major river network was already in place.

sorry...just noticed the link.

[ 08. September 2005, 10:29 PM: Message edited by: argyll ]

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Mains electicity points are available at a number of moorings and staiths, ostensibly for recharging electrically powered boats, so Alan and Terry can set up camp. Terry might need to rig two points up in series in order to cope with the load.

No, they are not lakes, they are Broads. Lakes are enclosed, the Broads, generally, are not.

phew thank god for that, i don't think i could survive a night on the bank without my tv/dvd and my 300watt stereo system :D

We all know with Tel being such an ol timer now he needs the power to run his sleeping bag and fluffy pink bivvy slippers warmer

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

Would that be oulton broads then Marzi, stayed there for a while had one of the little bungalo`s right oposite the pub when i was about 13 or so, fishing wasnt as good back then, had eels and nothing but eels, my uncle used to catch loads of bream there years before, good to see they are back.

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

Hi Gray, Argyll is right it was the Coldham Hall Tavern on the Yare.

Posted Image

It was a great spot for fishing right on the edge of the beer garden.

I fished from the back of the boat and had a short break ashore

for a few drinks and some good food. Then went back aboard and

fished into darkness.

ahhhh, broadland. tis a fine place steeped in pike angling history and a place that holds great memories for me. never had much luck for the real monster pike but im happy catching jacks as its a case of soaking up the atmosphere of a winter dawn afloat on a boat, wondrering when that monster will turn up. i cant deny that broadland is special but as with most of my pike fishing these days, i find there are simply too many pike anglers and waters that where my favorites due to good fishing and relative low angling pressure are being ruined by more and more turning into pikemen. the challenge nowadays is to find those secluded waters that hold mistery still.