Happy Days

Rusty

A last minute retro angling session today at a club lake fishing for carp on the surface. The fibreglass rod is 35 years old and is the first I bought, I refurbished it two years ago. The reel is a brilliant Mitchell 300A bought from Tigger and the rig was just a hook. A loaf of bread, a few other bits and pieces and I was ready to go;

DSCN0489.jpg

DSCN0488.jpg

DSCN0493.jpg

DSCN0487.jpg

DSCN0497.jpg

The common weighed 6-14 and I think the mirror was about the same, the lake is supposed to be carp free but some have been transferred from the adjacent water. It’s not fished much because of the weed and hardware but it’s a lovely place to while away a few hours, a good head of tench apparently.

A most excellent session :)

Edited by Rusty

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

DSCN0489.jpg

Jeezz Rusty, it looks like a war zone. Man v nature, and i think mans winning. :lol:

Nice rod and reel. :thumbs:

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Jeezz Rusty, it looks like a war zone. Man v nature, and i think mans winning. :lol:

Yeah I know, the bit in the middle is a sanctuary I think but I'm not sure what the floating lines are for. The hardware puts other anglers off but the fish aren't bothered and they love the weed so despite appearances it's actually a nice quiet place to be.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

What are the birds? :huh:

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

What are the birds? :huh:

Great Crested Grebe.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Great sesh mate and retro tackle city B) ,mad Tom if you mean the volunteer pub in Theale then the lake is/was called Cove i believe and controlled by Cove angling funnily enough......believe it`s mainly matches at weekends and Carp lots of Carp .

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Great Crested Grebe.

Pretty birds, are they common up by you? Never seen one before

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."