Facebook spam

poledark

I just wish the sender of a "friends" request had to give a clue who they are and where they know you from.

Maybe it is an age or generation thing to some extent but I'll be double dam*ed and dipped in stinky stuff if I want to be that "connected" to people who feel a need to reach out and touch me.

I work weekends noon-midnight as a security guard - guard shack at the entrance to Sysco Foods so I see people coming & going. The guard shack is about a 300-400 foot walk from the parking lot and Geneva is a village of around 3000 people so no one has a long drive to work.

The people who work on Sunday come in after noon and load/unload trucks so they are mostly young and at least half of them are on their mobile phone as they walk in to work. Figuring they only left home 10-15 minutes before they got to work, I have no clue why so many feel a need to be talking to or texting someone.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt,

Couple things.

First, I guess you are showing your age. My 14 spent her allowance to have her cell phone implanted. More than slightly annoying!

Second, Didn't I just see where Microsoft purchansed (1.2 billion) the company "Yammer"? Facebook for businesses. You on Yammer?

Phone

I wouldn't get within a million miles of a thing named Yammer. Some of my kids used to yammer but face to face at each other and I'd tell them to take it out into the yard.

Facebook business - I will probably open an account sooner rather than later. At least with that, people will decide to take a look or not, sorta like on here. I won't bombard them to within an inch of their life or sanity like the nonsense that happened to Den.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I wouldn't get within a million miles of a thing named Yammer. Some of my kids used to yammer but face to face at each other and I'd tell them to take it out into the yard.

Facebook business - I will probably open an account sooner rather than later. At least with that, people will decide to take a look or not, sorta like on here. I won't bombard them to within an inch of their life or sanity like the nonsense that happened to Den.

You van only sign up to yammer if you hsve your own or a corporate email address. You cannot register with a hotmail or gmail type account.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote