a winters day on the river.

bluezulu

Went spinning on the river lea at fishers green. I had to wade through the army of bird watchers though. nothng obliged but still had a nice time. invest in boots with thermal inner lining, they are lush.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

I had a VERY pleasurable and unexpectedly good days angling yesterday. Given the cold conditions it was really a day for grayling. The water level was low, the sun low and blindingly bright and what should I find occupying the first grayling swim I tried - roach and roach on the feed at that. Within 20 minutes I'd landed 5 with only one under a pound (and that by only 2oz) and the other 4 perfect pristine redfins weighing in between 1lb2oz and 1lb 7oz. Not huge I grant you but from a small chalk stream most welcome....

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Huge in my book, specially since, unless I'm mistaken, you were fishing somewhere most people don't bother with. I once visited someone in one of the houses along there and asked what fish there were in the stream. The answer: 'The only thing you'll catch there mate is a cold!'

john clarke

The Flying Tench:

The answer: 'The only thing you'll catch there mate is a cold!'

Yup - sounds like you guessed right!!! - And 'they were talking out of their proverbiles!! My first ever 2lb+ grayling was from here and I had a 1lb 11oz roach last winter. 'Unfortunately' they've had a bit of a clean up from last year - removed a lot of the shopping trolleys - bit of a shame they were great features!!!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Peter Waller:

I was on the River Blyth today, in the Harbour Inn! Their winter ale is 7.5, nectar of the gods.

Have you ever fished the Blyth?

I have been told to fish on the inland side of the A12 for a few coarse fish but it is very patchy.

I know there are plenty of flatties and loads of small bass in the summer on the seaward side.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

I often fish the salt water reach of the Bltyh, it can be great fun. Flounders on a light float rod are terrific sport! Never fished the freshwater reaches although have fished the nearby Wang for some nice roach. The freshwater reaches of the Bltyh tend to be nothing more than a flood relief channel that really scours in heavy rain.