English Cricket

*Ant*

What a load of tosh, what a bunch of namby-pamby embarressments! :mad:

This is Bangladesh for christs sake, who have not won a test match in their entire history. Bet they wish they could play England for every test series.

Nasser Hussain, the former England captain with masses of test experience, was totaly bamboozled by a 17 year old spinner. :rolleyes:

Oh and don't forget the extremely poor run rate the English batsmen struggled to make....2.5 runs an over!

Prepare to be the laughing stock of the cricketing world.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Gentlemen (*********** ************) you have just proved your ignorance. If you knew anything about the game you would know that batting tracks in the sub continent are slow turners thus making batting difficult and slow, playing in 35 - 40 C does not make matters easier.

Aanthony, Hussain was out to a quick bowler(Mortaza)for a very well crafted TOP SCORE 76 not the very talented 16 yr old spinner(Haque Jnr). Having held the innings together with Clarke and Reid and posted a reasonable score ( I admit the last 4 wickets were poor )our bowlers have Bangladesh in considerable trouble.

Nigelnibbles(************** ******************)if its like watching paint dry then one question.

Why do you watch it. Test cricket is not all wham bam thank you mam (************ **************) it is a game of tactics and skill not just try to smash it all round the ground like in the 20-20 cup.

I respectfully suggest you learn the basics and tactics of Test cricket before you ************ slag off our National side. ****************** ********************* ********************* ******************** ********************* *****************. ******************* ******************** ********************* ********************** leave the gentlemans game alone************** ************!

Oh, by the way I notice we won the first Test Match and we will win the second.

edit note: there was reasonable, honest opinion in this post so I only removed the parts that were a personal attack. Newt

[ 31. October 2003, 03:31 AM: Message edited by: Newt ]

Ian.

I have to agree with you.

We`re not playing at home in nice local conditions. We`re playing in an area of the world where very few opposing teams ever win a test series. We are never going to win by an innings and the odd couple of hundred runs that some clowns expect. But thats life.

Just because a few folk look at former colonies as now being, `the locals`. Without any hope of winning a match against us `Brits`, shows a complete lack of the required number of brain cells.

In the 50ies, we thought we were gods` gift to football. A certain Hungarian put paid to that myth!!! The Germans have made the same point in successive world cups.

Apart from the current `Rugby World Cup`, there is no such animal as an under-dog? Some countries are not expected to gain a single point on the league tables. And probably will not. yet some so called under-dogs have a nasty habit of biting their masters. A nation might be seen as `third world`, but can still rise to the occasion on their own patch. I think Samoa makes my point?

aanthony. I take it you feel that being British makes you feel superior? It may come as a suprise to you. But, many nations feel they are superior to us!! Strange, I know.

Don`t knock our side whilst we`re still winning.

:mad: :mad: Paul. :mad: :mad:

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

Gees guys give me a break. I am a massive cricket fan hence my passion. Ian, I understand what you say about the pitches on the sub-continent, but just look at the performance of Giles and Batty compared to the Bangladesh spinners, not to mention their averages. We also had only 2 partnerships of any note with 2 all to common colapses.

Paul, lighten up on me. I don't think being British makes me superior in any way. I do think that the English cricket team, at this time, should be superior to the Bangladesh cricket team. We are after all third in the Test Rankings while Bangladesh are rock bottom with 0 points.

I fail to see how any English cricket fan can be over-the-moon with the performances so-far, even though it seems we will win. Remember, in the first test, Bangladesh out played England for 3 of the 5 days.

Can I have my head back know guys? :D

Ian, perhaps you could "pm" me your uncensored post, didn't get to see it. Personal attack???

[ 31. October 2003, 08:55 AM: Message edited by: aanthony ]

actualy ian you ought to get your facts right first, I did not slag off the national side, if you care to read my post again, all i said is that i think cricket is boring, and there is no need for personal attacks on people just because they have differant opinions than you, or dont like the sport that you do :mad:

Chill.

Some people like cricket, some don't.

Some like fishing, some don't.

And so on....

Don't me we've gotta have a go at each other.

I used to find cricket boring, but watched a bit this year and started to understand the strategies more and appreciated the game.

Same with rugby - loving that.

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE