Thought this might spark some interest

Jeff S

Dvarcet:

I can't see why they waited so long!

Because major fires in that area are common this time of year and if you left everytime there was a biggun burning, you'd be gone a lot and usually for a fire that was contained before it got really close.

I'd have left I think but then I think of Hurricanes and how those of us who are threatened by them regularly get sorta used to them and sometimes don't leave as early as would seem reasonable to folks from elsewhere.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Bonfire? I saw the one at Roundhay Park in Leeds on the 5th. Spectacular display of fireworks and I might add we could feel the heat from the bonfire from a few hundred yards away!

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

Luckily most of the homes were spared. Those firefighters work their tails off. Fires that size can create their own weather.

True what you say Newt. I spent 4 days in a shelter during Hurricane Georges (1999 season I think) Only I didn't get the option of leaving. Military does that to you. The cleanup was quite fun though... :D

Jeff

Yellow Prowler13

Ask me at 75...

if it had been a brit he would have stuck his toasting fork out the window to make it :D

and what the hey is french toast :confused:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Lets hope Misty ended up alright. Since their house survived I would assume their cat did as well.

Speaking of cats, ours came in damaged late last night. A call to the vet, a 60 pound call out fee (not including consult), a half hour drive, and a night spent at the vets..

Seems like a good Mastercard advertisement...

Might go something like this

A night out on the town for P*****Y. 60 pounds

Drugs to keep off the pain. 19 Pounds

Anti-inflamatory. 15 pounds

Yowling cat/ Cuts and abrasions.

Priceless :rolleyes:

Jeff

Yellow Prowler13

Ask me at 75...

chesters1:

and what the hey is french toast :confused:

French Toast: Whisk up a couple of eggs with, milk, salt, pepper(as if you were about to make scrambled egg) but then dip bread in it until it is soaked through and then lift the bread out and put into a hot frying pan until cooked...delicious :D I like it with branston on top
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.