Congratulations England

Tony 1

Absolutely stunning!

Apprehension, despair, euphoria, apprehension.....and at the end.....tears of joy!

I wasn't around in '66 so this is new to me, fantastic.

Boys, you are hero's, you did us proud.

Ant (proud to be an Englishman) :)

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jammy Bistuds!!!

No. At least this Taff gives you credit for the magnificent game this morning.

A full 15 man performance. You deserved the victory. Especially as the Aussies seemed to have the ref in their pocket.

:mad: :mad: Paul. :mad: :mad:

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

greg long:

DUBLIN?

Greg is correct. The trophy will be Englands to keep for a year and then it will be returned to the IRB headquarters which are in Dublin and England will get a replica.

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

quote:

Greg is correct. The trophy will be Englands to keep for a year and then it will be returned to the IRB headquarters which are in Dublin and England will get a replica.

Thanks for reminding me David, Over looked that in my enthusiasm combined with one to many Murphy's last night :rolleyes:

sorry Greg

Regards Tony.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."

staggered in at 2. am this morning what a day the only winner was rugby ;

now i have to find out what i took from the cashpoint machine ..... and i have a rather large lump where i tried to side step a lampost the next world cup is in france im definately going

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

I just hope the World Cup win inspires the Government to put a bit of cash into sport and sporting facilities to enable us to groom world champions of the future.

I wouldn't hold my breath though. Congratulations will be received from all manner of people, Tony Blair included with his false cheesy grin. What commitment is truly behind that smile though?

quote:

What commitment is truly behind that smile though?

Sadly Townlad None at all mate :( though he dosen't mind spending money on his best mate Bush making sure he had a good time :mad:

[ 23. November 2003, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: Tony C ]

Regards Tony.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."

I was in Port Talbot, Wales, wtaching the game on a huge bar screen, alongside my daughter's fiance.

The locals seemed to be very confused, kept cheering everytime the Aussies won some points or went for a try.

The seemed pretty subdued at the end as well!

Strange folk, these Welshmen!

Tight Lines - leon

(where did my fingernails go?)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust