Lotsa Visitors

Newt

Just looked at the bottom area for the fishing section. 08:35 your time and there were 12 members and 17 visitors on just now.

Elton - we sure get an impressive number of folks just passing thru. Be nice if more of them felt free to say the odd thing or two - wouldn't it?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt,

There were 80-something on here last night and fifty at midnight

I never know when's a good time to do board maintenance these days

I agree, though - it would be good if more posted, if only to say 'hi' in this forum.

Tight lines,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I would be classed as one of those visitors then (well guests) cos i've noticed that a few people have made new postings when they've been hidden from the "who's on-line" thingumy jig (just like me :D )

I've gotta agree though it would be nice to find out who the others are, so C'mon say hello we don't bite (well we don't but the sheep do!!!)

(oh yeah n i'm gonna remove the "hide from" option now :) )

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

If we don,t "log-on", are we shown as a "guest"?

I frequently look at the site and only log-on if I wish to post.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Cranfield:

If we don,t "log-on", are we shown as a "guest"?

Yep :)

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

How long does the "cookie" remain in memory Elton?? As sometime when I open the forum I am still logged in?? Does this show me as logged in all the time I am not? Or only when I actually open the page(So to speak)??

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Chris Goddard:

How long does the "cookie" remain in memory Elton?? As sometime when I open the forum I am still logged in?? Does this show me as logged in all the time I am not? Or only when I actually open the page(So to speak)??

Chris

The cookie will remain on your machine as long as you don't clear it. It logs you in automatically when you return if you haven't logged off.

However, you are only "logged in" for a set time after you close your browser (unless you log out properly). It's either 15 or 30 mins, can't remember which.

All the best,

Elton

So it looks like you have achieved the impossible for us i.e. the ability to be in two places at the same time! :D

While I am here(or am I?, who knows?), in order to get to the next post up I click on the "next topic",but.... after sending a reply I have to return to the forums page and start again.

No great problem but if, as happened last night, someone else posts an answer while I am reading a topic, when I click "next topic" I am told that there are "no more topics available" cos the one I was reading is now at the top of the list!

Worst bit of this is that after going back to the forums I forget where I was! :confused:

But then I could be somewhere else anyway, couldn't I?

As Newt would say LOL,

Den

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic