Silstar Action Ratings

tinca steve

Does anybody know where I can find what the action ratings mean on Silstar rods and poles ??

I am looking to use a whip with an action A5-10 written on it but have no idea what it means as in what line rating would it be ??

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE.
IT ONLY WORKS PROPERLY WHEN IT IS OPEN.

tinca,

First, I'm sure our Silstar rods are different. The "A" is either the lightest or heaviest rod taper (I forget which way(?)) - the 10 is line weight specification (again, I forget if it is in kg or lbs) - lots of help aren't I?

Phone

As I recall A to D describes the action, A being tip action. 5-10 means casting weight in grams. 10 grams is approx 3/8oz. So this is a rod for light line fishing.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Thanks gents but that does not give me any indication as to what the maximum line that should be used, my guess would be 3lb main and up to 2lb /2.5lb hooklength? OR 2lb main and 1 3/4lb max hooklength.

Any ideas??

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE.
IT ONLY WORKS PROPERLY WHEN IT IS OPEN.

Steve - Does the whip have a flick tip or is it elasticated?

If a flick tip I use a 0.10mm mainline with 0.08 or below hooklengths.

If I hook something on the large side I want the hooklength to give - not the whip to snap as mine is carbon and cost me a few quid!!!

In the past I have used glass whips with a size 6 or 8 elastic and lines of about 3.5lbs

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!