Wading Boots

Rob Ward

Not really, the idea is that the wading boots are not waterproof, they'd probably rot in no time.

Plus of course the cost of buying a pair of decent walking boots would be more than the cost of a pair of wading boots!

I have a pair of Chota wading boots with felt soles and optional studs. I'm very happy with them...brilliant on slippery rocks!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Looks like ive missed the point.completely.

So.they're designed to let water in and drain easily?

Reason I ask I bought a pair of walking boots today and was wondering if theyd fit the bill.

Looks like ive missed the point.completely.

So.they're designed to let water in and drain easily?

Reason I ask I bought a pair of walking boots today and was wondering if theyd fit the bill.

Ian, I have my club membership. We should get out trotting soon!

Phone, basically Ive just bought a pair of Karrimor Mount Mid Walking boots. I didnt specifically buy them for fishing but no doubt theyll get used for it. I was just wondering whether it was worth buying seperate pair of wading boots or whether the walking boots would do occasionally.

Rob,

With only occational use in the water the boots will outlast your feet. That's the problem, won't hurt the boots, but will play havoc with your feet. Just have a dry pair of somthing (and socks) to put on when your session is done.

Phone

With stocking-foot waders you'll need wading boots about two sizes larger than normal to fit over the neoprene 'sock'.

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

With stocking-foot waders you'll need wading boots about two sizes larger than normal to fit over the neoprene 'sock'.

And the neoprene sock will have a couple of pairs of thermal socks in it if you're wading in winter. I'd get a pair of wading boots, your walking boots might be ok for a while but dunking them won't do them any good. I got away with one size up from normal so it's best to try them on before you buy.

Felt soles are brilliant on stoney riverbeds but not so good on mud walking between swims. Studs do help though.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Ian, I have my club membership. We should get out trotting soon!

Phone, basically Ive just bought a pair of Karrimor Mount Mid Walking boots. I didnt specifically buy them for fishing but no doubt theyll get used for it. I was just wondering whether it was worth buying seperate pair of wading boots or whether the walking boots would do occasionally.

Well done Rob, you won't regret it and we will get out :).

Regarding the boots, I got a package, greys waders and boots. I got the boots in my normal shoe size but they must be made larger as standard because they fit me well enough with thick socks on and the neoprene sock. Maybe companies sizing is different/ varies.

I would imagine dunking ordinary boots in water would destroy them pretty quick. I know it destroyed a pair of good cat boots I had in only a few dunkings. They arn't really designed to get soaked inside and out.