Which do you prefer ?

leedsunited

Always set up at the bank every time.

Before I see the water and the conditions have no idea if I will be ledgering, float fishing, using a pole etc and particularly on rivers I think it is vital to choose main line strength and length of rod to be used etc dependent on the conditions.

Of course if you mainly fish using the same methods on similar sorts of waters then taking the rods pre-made is a much better idea, but for my needs its set up at the bank every time :D

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i prefer to have my rods ready set up for short sessions to maximise the fishing time, but for night sessions i will leave the swim alone (after putting some bait in) whilst setting up my bivvy and other stuff.

i've noticed alot of the carp fishing boys already have their rods set up. i dont bother doing that because i only fish one rod when carping anyway,then i use a float on the other rod. i set up at the bank because i have another couple of years 'till i can drive so i'm stuck with a bicycle with at least 5 foot of rod tied to the cross bar. i only cycle in the summer though!

I usually set up on the bank.

This means I can bait up my chosen area and give it around 10 - 15mins without anything to scare the fish away.

9/10 times I will get a bite instantly.

Joel

2PhJuly2013sig_zps25c667b8.jpg

It depends. If I'm organised and I've planned ahead then I'll normally set up as much as I can at home. No matter what type of fishing I'll be doing. I've even set up a rod with nothing but a plummet and a float before!

However, as others have mentioned, there are advantages to setting up rods on the bank. A few weeks ago I got to a lake, baited up a swim, set up a simple lift method rig and sorted every out then had a bite almost immediately. Unfortunately I lost it! :mad: :D

I'm sure it helps to put the bait in and leave it for 10 or minutes before casting out.

The best time to fish is when you have a chance.