Human rights.

Andrew

innocent until proven guilty. When he has been tried and found guilty he is guilty. Until then he is innocent. That is the most fundamental principle of all common law jurisdictions (and most other systems too).

Too turn our backs on that is ridiculous.

Don't know if you remember a series of TV ads from a few years back in which they showed the same incidents filmed from different angles. From one angle it looked like a yob robbing a woman, from another you could see he was shoving her out of the way of something falling off a scaffold (or something like that) NEVER trust what you see on the TV, they always have an agenda!

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

You cannot have a fair trial when evidence used in that trial is obtained by torture. That is the sticking point, the Jordanians are either unwilling or unable to provide assurances that such evidence will not be used.

But the quote I provided is about a new trial without torture! How many assurances would you like?

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

innocent until proven guilty. When he has been tried and found guilty he is guilty. Until then he is innocent. That is the most fundamental principle of all common law jurisdictions (and most other systems too).

Don't know if you remember a series of TV ads from a few years back in which they showed the same incidents filmed from different angles. From one angle it looked like a yob robbing a woman, from another you could see he was shoving her out of the way of something falling off a scaffold (or something like that) NEVER trust what you see on the TV, they always have an agenda!

He has been found guilty by a Jordanian court. Abu Qatada 'claims' the conviction was based on torture....it must be true!

Who has the greater right, a convicted terrorist or tens, hundreds or thousands of innocent men women and children who may die because of his murderous beliefs?

Common-sense says lock him away just in case...unless of course you believe it is his 'right' to murder people.........

Edited by Worms

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

But the quote I provided is about a new trial without torture! How many assurances would you like?

That quote is what the latest judgement of the courts was based on. There is still doubt about the evidence, and also about the witnesses who have previously been tortured and provided the evidence.

You can't "untorture" a witness!

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

The fact is, this society seems driven by you tube, face book and the likes. We have become used to pronouncing guilt and yelping for retribution, even before the crime, so called has been investigated. I accept that what this has said are the rantings of a radical baying for blood. But where has he been found guilty of his alledged crimes?

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional :-)

Nick , the individual has on many occasion been filmed spouting his vile racial messages and incitement to murder innocent people. That is proof enough surely ? or was his human rights violated by being filmed whilst he was delivering his hate speeches/sermons.

PS

Some of my American chums, those who believe in the land of the free and all that stuff, what are they saying.

Send him back to face the music.

Take him to court, if found guilty then dispatch him off to paradise .

He spouts it we and america tend to actually do it ,he says kill foreigners ,we kill foreigners !which is worse?

You cant tell me scenes of burned kids abroad are really terrorists and thus legitimate targets ,or just murdered by us kids

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Just as i said in this topic Nick. http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/4700876-abu-qatada-government-loses-deportation-appeal/page-3

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Double post.

I never said the Americans nor us are squeaky clean Chesters.

I posted that as a reference to what other people are thinking.

Edited by Andrew

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”