One tackle manufacturer

Kappa

Pointless topic I know, but if you had to pick one tackle manufacturer, which one would it be? Just to make it a little more interesting you can pick one for rods reels etc and one for terminal tackle.

Mine would be: Daiwa for rods, reels etc and Drennan for all terminal tackle.

Rich

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting ready for those sponsership deal eh Rich? :D What happened to Jolly Green Giant and Mother's Pride?

Daiwa for me too.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Bass Pro for me. Their branded products cover just about every piece of kit that need.

I supose you could argue that they just brand products rather than manufacture them but if that were the criteria, Diawa would be out as well.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Guest tigger
Pointless topic I know, but if you had to pick one tackle manufacturer, which one would it be? Just to make it a little more interesting you can pick one for rods reels etc and one for terminal tackle.

Rich

As you say Richard Drennan for most of the terminal gear but some of their rods are as good as , if not better than everyone elses....such as the Im8, Im9 range of rods they really are fantastic.

Normark match rods are also pretty much as good as match rods get.

But then again shimano and Daiwa ....some of their stuffs superb also :rolleyes:

By the way Rich you've chose two instead of the one :o:D

Shimano.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Guest tigger
See above Tigger!

Rich

OK, I'll have to learn to read properly. I'd still go with Drennan for terminal stuff but I'm stuck on the rods/reels etc Ilike to many differant brands.

Rich

normark-rods

shimano-reels

OI OI,

Abu garcia rod's & browning reel's, Drennan terminal tackle. :D

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite