Kestrels

bitsbobs

Bits and Bobs,

If you have the time and look a bit further up after the M6 turn off, you might see the Buzzards fling there.

I have released a few Kestrels around the end of the Knowsley bypass and a few Sparrowhawks near to the Derbs estate!!

Cracking birds, but neither will catch you anything to eat :rolleyes::D

Keith

The more you learn, the more you know.

The more you know, the more you forget.

The more you forget, the less you know.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ferret1959

Loads of Buzzards in the East Midlands now.

On my way home the other evening one was finishing off a roadkill pheasant on my side of the road, the bugger wasn't going to budge until I got out of the car and walked toward it.

I was going to add it to my collection as I have two already.

Red Kites are doing well over Rockingham forest area after their reintroduction.

Followed one for nearly an hour waiting to get a good photo of a kill.

No luck though.

chesters1:

we`l be getting ospreys next ,they were VERY common round here untill the 18th cent when they interfeared with monied peoples sport

Although in Kent, we have ospreys every year at Wingham, usually as passage migrants during May and September. I well remember one just missing a fish in my Carp Lake!

Other uncommon birds of prey include both marsh and hen harriers, plus every summer we have a dozen or more hobbies. It's great watching the latter catch dragonflies and eat then in mid-air!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Guest Ferret1959

As my fishing season has been crap this year I may even be tempted to take up bird watching but only birds of prey.

Ferret1959:

Red Kites.................

........Followed one for nearly an hour waiting to get a good photo of a kill.

No luck though.

You'll have to wait a long time for that! Red Kites are carrion eaters.

Guest Ferret1959
ajp:

ajp:

Red Kites.................

........Followed one for nearly an hour waiting to get a good photo of a kill.

No luck though.

You'll have to wait a long time for that! Red Kites are carrion eaters.
Well I didn't know that.

I'll have to do some reserach before I get the feild glasses out me thinks. :D

I've noticed an increase in the Hen Harriers I have seen over the last few weeks. Short eared owls are a common sight here in Orkney often sitting on posts by the road side.

Cheers

Scapa

I did notice a Merlin hunting on the moors at close range earlier last year whilst walking the Dog. Very pleasing, I hadn't seen one before that.

Paul