General Request of Bird Identification Please

nursejudy

:bangin::bangin: :bangin: :bangin::bangin: i think the pics are quite close!!!!!!!!! --------- I will never get this!!!! I was really hoping for a little Reed Bunting family......

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

• 2 weeks later...

please dont tell me this is a female sparrow ...cos it looks like it has full eyemake up on,i know its a rubbish piccy

[/url]">http://IMG_2220.jpg

would this one be young robin?

[/url]">http://IMG_2237.jpg

nurse.gif

First pic looks like Reed Bunting, but the colours on your pic don't look quite right, I don't believe House Sparrow is ever streaked underneath like your pic.

Second looks like a Dunnock, (aka Hedge Sparrow or Hedge Accentor - depends on your field guide).

ayjay,

I went outdoors and looked. Some of the sparrows are streaked underneath - but some are not(?). I think(?) I can tell the girls from the boys and we don't have any newbies yet do we(?). (Never noticed until I went out and specifically looked just now.)

Phone

ayjay,

I went outdoors and looked. Some of the sparrows are streaked underneath - but some are not(?). I think(?) I can tell the girls from the boys and we don't have any newbies yet do we(?). (Never noticed until I went out and specifically looked just now.)

Phone

You have over 30 species in the Emberizidae genus in the US which are called Sparrows, some are streaked underneath, you also have another handful in the family Passeridae; we only have the two species, (passer domesticus and passer montanus) neither of which are streaked underneath to the best of my knowledge.

If yours are passer domesticus and streaked then they are different to ours of the same name.

ayjay,

Thx. I'll just keep calling them ALL sparrows. Your way is tooo hard. But you're right in this respect. Another look and I don't believe they are all the same sparrow. Streaked are slightly smaller and just slightly "different" (crown; thinner; other stuff).

Phone

i have some other piccs of the bird will have a look for one,it just looked very different from the rest of the sparrows.... all these varietes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I have a dunnock..... what i have been missing all these years!!! thanks guys as ever

nurse.gif

it just looked very different from the rest of the sparrows.................................

and I have a dunnock.....

what i have been missing all these years!!!

That's cos it isn't a Sparrow. <_<

Doesn't everybody? (promiscuous little blighters they are too)

Who knows? :huh:

Please tell me this is Mr and Mrs Redpoll,

[/url]">http://IMG_2274.jpgand

Ajay ... i google some pictures of the female reed bunting to compare with the other pictures I took and they are very very simmilar around the face markings.

nurse.gif