• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dave please see the new topic i have just posted

thought it may become as popular as the Pic of the day did ,just a thought

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Dave H,

I'll take a shot at it.

It is difficult to tell the size of the bird without any referrence but it looks like a Cooper's Hawk.

Phone

I think it's a falcon rather than a hawk, (narrow pointed wings) Peregrine is what comes to mind initially but it doesn't look right - there's no moustache and the streaking underneath is very fine compared to a normal Peregrine - I think Dave is setting us up - it's probably a hybrid of some sort.

Ayjay,

I doubt he would post it without knowing. I'm pretty sure it is a quiz Square tail bothers me as some sort of falcon??? You're right about the wings.

Actually a bit to mottled for a Cooper's Hawk but I thought I'd start somewhere.

Phone

Very pretty bird.

Sorry guys you are way off the mark. I have flown one of these myself. It's a falcon. That's all you are getting at present ...he he :)

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

Prairie merlin? Very pale for one of ours...

Edited by Worms

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Anyone guessed Gyrfalcon?

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Anyone guessed Gyrfalcon?

It's on my list as a possible parent/ancestor, along with Lanner, Saker and Peregrine (there's more, but the permutations are almost endless).

It's on my list as a possible parent/ancestor, along with Lanner, Saker and Peregrine (there's more, but the permutations are almost endless).

That was my initial thought. However (and I may well be wrong) I thought that the size of the eyes indicated a relatively small bird. (I thought the eyes were large in relation to the rest of the bird)

Edited by Worms

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!