What's BT up to?

poledark

I wish I had known this before, I've just started using the internet and with BT, there BT together 24/7 internet. I told them when I phoned them that I wanted to be able to surf when I wanted and for how ever long I wanted. It was not untill I got there disk that I found out that I could only use it for up to 150 hours grrrrr.

Had I known this befor eI would of looked else where.

Not happy, now I'm trying to find one that I can use by direct debit as I don't have a credit card.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adz:

Report your card lost/stolen and they send you another one with a different number on it ;-)

Strangely this stops anything being charged to your old card/card number ;-D

AOL = A$$holes Online

Totally agree!

What gets me is when "Connie" (Clue in the name perhaps?) makes out it's all free & hunky dory....but it's only free after taking your credit card details for use after the free month. (to cancel you ring them up...dunno if it's an answering m/c? but they don't want any letters ta very much.....and no confirmation that the call was received ok.)

Small wonder they're no. 1

ps Chesters,

I got a credit card from Barclays when they were doing the Uni run & roping in dopey students :)

Apparently they aren't too bothered who they give credit to.

Found out last week they'd upped my limit from £450 to £750 without letting me know.

Whereas the RBS who I've been with for 20 years, and had wages going in for most of that time, wouldn't too us with a barge-pole. I'm doing what you suggested, ie not paying things off at the end of the month, to build up a credit profile/rating

btw when the RBS didn't let us have the card, I got in touch with Expedian? (credit ref agency) for my report, and everything was fine. Except for my brother who's a contractor being late on 2 payments of a credit card. Dunno if they do it on the house details, members, or if banks have a blanket ban on "permanent holiday" people aka doleys.

"Credit Unions" (co-ops) are good for credit,

you can lend double what you have in, & the repayments rates are very good. Tho' it does take a while for the loan to come thru.(apparently)

I'd thought banks would be pretty happy to have doleys with credit cards..say a limit of £20 to £100 to start with, then increased when your credit ratings go up.

Liam

loonyl:

Found out last week they'd upped my limit from £450 to £750 without letting me know.

They usually let you know!

My (family member) tried to buy her new VW Polo on her credit card but the garage wouldn't take it.

What's the use of a £12,000 monthly limit if you can't take advantage of it. She wasn't trading in anything so it was a straight cash transaction.

Jim Roper

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Jim Roper:

Jim Roper:

My (family member) tried to buy her new VW Polo on her credit card but the garage wouldn't take it.

What's the use of a £12,000 monthly limit if you can't take advantage of it. She wasn't trading in anything so it was a straight cash transaction.

Jim Roper

Take it was AMex?

I used to have a gold AMex, Diners club, Visa & Access at 19,

guess they would have learnt by now

or maybe they have ? :D

Liam

Jim Roper:

Jim Roper:

Jim Roper

Probably because the charges to the garage would have eaten most of their profit margin. An example of how much credit cards costs sellers - my current company has costs of £110,000 to collect credit card payments - similar costs for same collections via direct debit - £8040

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update to my original post... I have cancelled BT openworld and my second phone line.

I have signed up with Tiscali as I cant get cable etc.

BT guy was very apologetic and agreed that the wording of their email changing the terms was "out of order". Even offered me a free month on their "new" system starting 1st Nov, but enough is enough.

So.....broadband here I come

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic