What's BT up to?

poledark

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just e`mailed watchdog with my bt related rant ,please voice yours as well :(:)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/contact/computers.shtml

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Is there an organisation who you can report Oftel to?

If you really want to wind yourself up, just spend a few days trying to get some relevant information out of BT's website. It seems to have been programmed by monkeys.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

chesters1:

just e`mailed watchdog with my bt related rant ,please voice yours as well :(:)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/contact/computers.shtml

This is weird!

We did all this about 3-4 years ago.

Complained to Oftel,

contacted Watchdog (there was a program on about the complaints).

Worked out the fob-offs from BT and eventually spoke to actual field engineers.

Nothing much happened tho'...apparently.

Back then AOL were pushing BT to open up their networks and weren't happy about it.

On watchdog, BT and AOL butted heads, with BT promising that all would be ok in a year.

A couple of years ago,

when FIASCO came and cut-off times etc came in, droves of people left Plus Net (ISP) and BT.

I'm surprised it's all happening again?

but good luck.

Liam

[ 10. October 2002, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: loonyl ]

btw,

for anyone interested ntl 512K, with hire of modem, is £24.99 per month.

I've asked them to stop the account in Nov (end of 12 mth contract), only coz I don't use the Internet much nowadays (prob 1 hour max a day)

but lets see what happens when they come to pull the plug :)

As for service, no probs at all in the last 12 mths. Very quick.

Tho' there's loads of rumours that ntl are having loads of financial difficulties.

Liam

I emailed BT and told them that i was not happy with the changes, it is also worth noting that this is far more widespread then think, Oftell are looking into the "Scam " as well, my reply from BT was the standard reply that you see above, I also pointed out to BT that under the trade description act thay are advertiseing "Anytime" & "Surftime" and these are incorrect statements and should be re named to "Some of the TIme", I too was unable to get broadband and as we have no cable provider in the area then I am stuck with BT as the line provider, however on checking again on the site it seems that i am now able to get Broadband, but now there is a £150.00 set up fee, I called them and argued the point, I also pointed out that i felt it unfair that i would be restricted or have to pay for viewing if i went over my 120 hours (In the email i recieved it said i would not)but it still a restriction and not what i signed up for over 3 years ago, i went on to cancel my subcription and 3 lines that i have with them only keeping one, the fax line is never used now other than for bloody adverts, the internet line can run through my main line and the other "call Out" line , well they can phone my mobile, this seemed to wake them up a little and i have been offered 3 months free line rental and internet access and FREE broadband connection, I know that the reduced times are causing a massive stir in the industry as well as massive customber loss's, how long befroe they reduce connection times or increase prices on Broadband.

Just a quick word to the wise for anyone who is with AOL :mad: and is thinking of quitting for broadband. The payment method you set up on your credit card is a "Continous Debit!!" and as such can ONLY be cancelled by AOL :mad: You cannot cancel this method of payment yourself!! I found this out when I cancelled a payment to AOL :mad: my daughter had been using and AOL :mad: carried on charging me for a further seven months!! But no fraud has been committed Acording to my card company, sorry EX.card company!) as I set up the payment in the first place. And no, AOL :mad: do not have to inform you of the type of payment authority you are setting up either!! I reckon I could make some money at this, look how much AOL :mad: is worth now??!!

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

i dont have a credit card :( just a debit one :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson