ebay

chesters1

i cant understand this site :confused:

its supposed to be an auction site but has a few strange blips?

a seller can withdraw an item if he doesnt think the price is good enough even at the last moment ,surely if he hasnt used the reserve price bit then he is leaving the final price up to the buyer :confused:

buy it now with the same price as the minimum bid ,not an auction at all ,he is just selling the item at a fixed price :confused:

what do you think?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Yup, fully agree, but Ebay is one of the few web sites in the world making money so you can't blame them too much for maximising their revenue by allowing 'strange' combinations.

IMHO too many sellers don't spend enough time watching Ebay before leaping in and selling stuff. This is why you see silly descriptions, crazy starting amounts etc etc and hence people withdrawing things at the last minute when it doesn't get what they think it should or whatever reason they come up with. I can understand why people use the 'buy it now' option at a fixed price though - it makes Ebay a cheap and easy way to sell stuff small volumes of stuff without having to pay for your own website.

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

It's the price you have to pay for the chance (Very good chance!) Of being ripped off.

I have a rating of 117 now and a lot of feedback not posted. But I still get caught out now and again. Usually with the items which are "too good to be true!" Invariably they are!!

However using the buy it now listing at least gives people a chance to guess at what the reserve may be!! At least theat's how I use It. my reserve will be £5 or so behind the "Buy it Now" price.

I'm AKA terminal-tackle if you want to have a look. I'm also selling a couple of shimano reels so you could search that.

Good luck!!

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

I was one who got ripped off. Keep an eye out for a company selling computer items called [edited for legal reasons].

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

[ 16 June 2002, 03:04 AM: Message edited by: John S ]

I too use Ebay to buy and sell records and related items and up to now have only been ripped off a couple of times,i do agree that there are some strange rules but it can be a good way of finding that elusive item or selling something relatively cheaply.I go under the name of Snowythree (guess all other snowys were taken!!) i have nothing listed at the mo but will be putting quite a bit on over the weekend providing i can stay sober long enough!!

Tight lines

Snowy

I can see the pub from 'ere

PS

C'MON ENGLAND!!!!

mkj:

I was one who got ripped off. Keep an eye out for a company selling computer items called [edited for legal reasons] .

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hi MJK

I was asking the other day how you had got on. Any news?

[ 16 June 2002, 03:05 AM: Message edited by: John S ]

Can I ask you all to keep this thread legal? One post (and one reply) is overstepping the mark already.

It doesn't matter how bad a company may be, libel is still libel. I therefore feel that the offending posts should be edited....

Tight lines

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

ERRRMMM! Excuse me for appearing to be a bit slow John (No I don't put myself in that category with an IQ of 170 at last count!) But which are the illegal posts??

At last study I found that a fact is a fact IF you have the evidence to back up the statement and libel is notoriously difficult to prove (as is slander.) If as MKJ says that he has been "Ripped Off" then A/Net is in no way responsible for that statement as I believe a disclaimer is on the site?? And therefore all posts are deemed to be the property and opinion of that poster!! Swearing!! YES!!

As I said I too have had money stolen from me by unscrupulous people on E-Bay. That is a fact! It Is not open for discussion. I have had money stolen by some of the less desirable elements of our society and this has been borne out by E-Bay themselves. What I would say is that there is little or no reason to publicise names as these people are not likely to return under the same name. But It would be handy to know where they are based so as to possibly recognise them when things like this happen. Which is why I contacted MKJ direct to ascertain the identity of the miscreant. I did this and now in possession of the facts I am able to assimilate some knowledge of this miscreant should they poke there noses above the "Parapet" again and will take all neccessary action! This has happened just the once by a young man in America. He got his comeuppence by having all his auctions bid for by one of the people he had "Ripped" off. the bids were such that no-one would bid any higher. The then "Buyer refused to pay for the items and was struck off. Several times!! All from assumed I.D's and addresses. The young man soon got the message and has not been seen since!!

I am too at present engaged with a company who have had my £250 for some 30+ days for a computer. Promises are cheap! But I have informed my credit card company and they are at present processing a claim for fraud against the company. I will get ALL my money back. Albeit several weeks later but will be refunded. the best advise I can give anyone is to pay by credit card wherever possible because at least then the card issuer is responsible and not you!! But never CASH!!

Thank you!

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Chris, check your profile, you have a message :)

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.