Fresh Frozen Boilies?

chrislee342

Hi all.

I have finished my bag of shelf lifes so I thought I would give the fresh frozen boilies a go and thought I would see what others recommend.

So far I've been told the usual Odyssey XXX and Cell as these seem to be firm favorites with many people.

I know this could throw up a wide variety of answers as it is down to personal preference and confidence in a bait but some baits seem to be more consistent than others.

Any ideas??

Can I have your bank account number and sort code please?

Get on the Cell mate they are Pukka.

They are really rather good but so are most of Mainlines boilies. But I do tend to change my boilies depending on what my target species is and what I think will work on a particular venue. I don't use a great variety of different boilies but the Cell are in my small selection of 4 or 5 varieties. When I find something that works well I tend to stick with it and maybe tart it up a bit with dips, plastic etc.

Rather then just change bolile for the sake of it, it's best to think about the place you plan to fish and then try to work out what might fish well there. Think about what others might use on it, do you want to follow them or go in a complete opposite direction. Some waters seem to respond better to one style of boilie rather then another, do you want a washed out looking bait? Something bright that stands out? Do you want to fish a big bed of bait? Will you be fishing a single? Do you want hard baits, soft baits?

Going for just brand X flavor Y does not cover all bases. There is no perfect boilie to do everything but I also don't think there is any need to buy and try everything out there. After a while you soon settle down in to a small tried and tested selection that should cover most situations.

But with out knowing where you are fishing and how you plan to fish, assuming you are after Carp then I will vote for the Cell. If I was going to turn up at a Carp water I knew nothing about it would be something I would bring with me, plus maggots and corn.

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek

An unknown water for me would be worms, maggots and corn.

I don't know enough about boilies , i think if i wanted to use them i would ask the bailiff or other anglers what's best as i am buggered if i am paying £8 for a bag of boilies that don't work.

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

I am not a massive Boilie fan but have had success with the following, like Dales says theres more to it then just opening a bag.

Cell - works at alot of waters, I use at one water on one rod as thats what get put in,on the other I play about to see if anything else will work.

The Source - I was given aload including various sizes of Pop ups, pellets and a dip. Bream love it hence why the angler gave it to me!

Nash F1 and F1+ - I use at a certain water that holds mainly commons. I found they love it, so much in fact that I bought the local shops whole stock and aload off ebay when they stopped making it.

Trigga - I use dunbells in conjuction with PVA bags of mixed pellets on days when I am after any thing that swims or on short sessions. Carp, Bream, Tench, Chub and Crucians all like it.

Solar Jacko special pop ups - I use as single pop ups on summer days when the carp are crusing but not feeding - taken alot of fish when put smack bang on a patrol route - they cant help themselves!

I have tried a few others but above are what I use at the moment as they work where I fish.

The biggest thing is confidence in a bait - even on a one bait water another quality bait can work.

Also bear in mind you can alter a bait using soaks, glugs, oils etc or change the shape of it, cut it in half, quarters, make squares, dunbells, wrap in paste or combine with another bait.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Not a great user of boilies but this weekend I am doing an overnighter for carp so will probably have at least one rod on boilies.

My feeling is to go for the one used most often as that is what the fish are used to, so I will buy some "house" boilies from the owner.

Having said that, something different might stand out a bit so might try something completely different.

At least one rod will be baited with maize though.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

As a loyal boile user I can say there are good boilies and bad boilies. Any of the makers range of food type freezer baits will be good. I have used Nash Monster Pursuit for years but now use Geoff Bowers range Fifth Element as its better value and I get better service. Just google abs active bait solutions for more info.

Bottom line is a good bait is always a good bait but today's anglers seem to be the most gullible of all time and are easily taken in by a bit of flash marketing. Gotta be on the latest wonder bait or you won't catch! My that makes me chuckle.

If a bait didn't work you can bet its because there were no carp in your swim.

Click here to Visit St Ives Tackle 

apple-touch-icon.webp

For me i am having a great deal of success for large Cat fish and carp with New Grange boilies. Like Cell they are made by Mainline and can be good if most people are using Cell on the water and you want to offer something different but with really good ingredients like Cell.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/