Fanny madeofbrass?

Dave H

I like Korda gear and buy a few bits that they sell, I am always puzzled when these anti carp machine, carp angler or carp orintated companies get a bashing. They are popular because they make decent kit, plain and simple. They have a very slick promotion side to the company, so whats wrong with that?

You can argue that some simple fools are influenced to buy their gear because of the promotion side and sponsored anglers singing it's praises but that it just advertising. Something that every company in every field does, it would be rather poor of them not to do this. I find it rather praise worthy that they do this so well and would not knock a company for having the know how and gumption to market itself properly. Surely even the magpies would not continue to buy the gear if it was not up to scrath, you might get your first sale by promotion but you get repeat sales by selling good product.

Korda is a company, they exist to make money not to teach people the basic principles of fishing. So they will push and promote their gear, they also have a lot of very good Carp anglers associated with the company who do create new rigs and other bits and pieces. So when they come across something that they can market and sell they would need to be total numpties not to.

The off shoot of all their heavy promotion, DVD's and TV shows is that a lot of good angling information is out there for some to copy or refine and use in there own angling. There are many very good anglers on Anglers Net but would be surprised if there are a lot who could not pick up a few interesting tips/ideas from there shows. I think an awful lot of coarse anglers incorporate a lot of Carp tactics/tackle in to their fishing but do not always like to admit it.

Korda just do what any good company would do. No one is being duped, you pays your monies and take your choice. Just like in every other shoping decision you have to make. To go fishing all you need is a hook, line and bait. Everything after that is unnecessary, to knock a company for doing what it exists to do is a little bonkers.

• Like 4

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek

I'm very much with Dales. For some reason in the UK successful companies and successful people (including anglers) get knocked. Korda have got their marketing right and good luck to them.

Part of the marketing has been their "Thinking Tackle" TV series. Yes, it can be repetitive - even Peggy (who doesn't fish) knows how to make up a spod mix and how to tie a PVA stocking! But there always beginners coming into carp fishing who can learn from this. Even someone like me with over 50 years of experience benefits. In fact, hardly a show goes by when I don't learn something or think up a new idea as a result of what I've watched. And having taken part in several TV shows myself I know just how much hard work goes into them.

I'm an even bigger fan of their underwater DVDs. I can't tell you how much I've learned from these, and they've certainly caught me more fish.

So thank you Danny, and thank you Korda!

• Like 3

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I like Korda gear and buy a few bits that they sell, I am always puzzled when these anti carp machine, carp angler or carp orintated companies get a bashing. They are popular because they make decent kit, plain and simple. They have a very slick promotion side to the company, so whats wrong with that?

You can argue that some simple fools are influenced to buy their gear because of the promotion side and sponsored anglers singing it's praises but that it just advertising. Something that every company in every field does, it would be rather poor of them not to do this. I find it rather praise worthy that they do this so well and would not knock a company for having the know how and gumption to market itself properly. Surely even the magpies would not continue to buy the gear if it was not up to scrath, you might get your first sale by promotion but you get repeat sales by selling good product.

Korda is a company, they exist to make money not to teach people the basic principles of fishing. So they will push and promote their gear, they also have a lot of very good Carp anglers associated with the company who do create new rigs and other bits and pieces. So when they come across something that they can market and sell they would need to be total numpties not to.

The off shoot of all their heavy promotion, DVD's and TV shows is that a lot of good angling information is out there for some to copy or refine and use in there own angling. There are many very good anglers on Anglers Net but would be surprised if there are a lot who could not pick up a few interesting tips/ideas from there shows. I think an awful lot of coarse anglers incorporate a lot of Carp tactics/tackle in to their fishing but do not always like to admit it.

Korda just do what any good company would do. No one is being duped, you pays your monies and take your choice. Just like in every other shoping decision you have to make. To go fishing all you need is a hook, line and bait. Everything after that is unnecessary, to knock a company for doing what it exists to do is a little bonkers.

I always like your posts Dales but on this issue i would like to say

thats the best post that you have ever written. I totally and whole heartedly agree.

John

p.s. wish I could write like you :thumbs:

• Like 1

Seems to me that Korda only get knocked for being successful. Other companies get slagged off, rightly or wrongly, for the quality of their products, but I haven't had a duff piece of kit from Korda.

Other successful and quality companies are available :):)

• Like 1

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

I always like your posts Dales but on this issue i would like to say thats the best post that you have ever written. I totally and whole heartedly agree. John p.s. wish I could write like you :thumbs:

Thank you, I just wish I could fish aswell as you.

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek

My opinion and i still stick to it is that good quality or not the rigs and just the pure hype about these rigs and equipment that really is not needed empties out a young anglers pocket and the mark up on all tackle is high but on Korea (as everything is made in china like 90% of tackle) it's really high.

So you pay for what you get? I don't think so in many cases you pay for the name as that equipment is made in the same batch as TFG or whatever

Nothing personal against the man but i hate people exploiting youngsters with over priced tackle and stupid rigs which a youngster says 'If it's good for danny its good for me'. How do you tie that rig again? 'Oh dear i have just killed that fish'

John and Dale....You worry me. At your ages you can turn...I can lend you my stockings for the AN weekend if you wish :)

Edited by Dave H

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

Dave, how are Korda exploiting youngsters any more or less then every other company? If anything they are rather good at putting across the message that you do not need to use their gear.

Danny asks a few questions to every one in each episode.

Why did you pick this swim? (Teaching water craft)

What bait are you using?

What rig and how do you tie it? and why did you use that one? (Most anglers on thinking Tackle do not push loads of rigs, they may all use different rigs but most only use 1 or 2 and only change when their is a very good reason to change)

and his favourite as Steve mentioned, Whats in your spod mix?

Maybe these "notional kids that are being duped" do not need to know what is in some ones spod mix but knowing why certain ingredients are in it is useful. It might be a little repetitive as Danny asks the guest, whats in your spod mix? but it is often supermarket bought own brand gear. Salt, Corn, Oil, Tuna etc. They do push the point its your bait and how you use it that catches fish, something many rivals do not. I know a company that even sells it's own salt!

Korda do not sell boilies/pellets/dips and so are not plugging these again unlike other rivals who sell tackle and bait. Even when some one talks about checking hooks after every fish they always point out that they are sponsored and so can use as many as they want. Sharp hooks is a bit of a thing they push but they often just advise you to use a hook sharpener. Again when they use a lot of bait they also point out they are sponsored and I see as many programs about using small amounts of bait as large amounts. Plenty of stuff about stalking, fishing sticks and PVA.

If anything out of the tackle companies, they do give a certain amount of useful/impartial advice well as much as any one who works for a company or is sponsored by one can. In my mind they are far from the worse as far as taking advantage of those soft minded individuals who are so easily persuaded by adverts and celebs. For a comparison try watching an episode of Korda Thinking Tackle and Fishing Gurus and see who is pushing more of their own products? I am not knocking Guru tackle as again they have the odd good bit of Tackle and so why would they not push it?

I don't think Korda is priced much higher then everyone else, if looking for value then Drennan are a good company. Dave, if you know of a load of companies making top quality kit at knock down prices then I am sure everyone on Anglers Net would like to know about them. korda market well with the added bonus that they also give out a lot of information. With regard rigs I doubt they sell that many made up rigs, but if you are new to fishing buying a made up one and studying it can help you learn about its uses and how to tie it. Again watching the shows when they show how to tie a rig they will name check their own brand but any similar braid etc will do.

As you named Korda, I get the feeling you do not watch the shows but have seen the tonnes of adverts in papers/magazines or big displays in shops. That's nothing that Nash, Guru, Fox, Drennan etc do not do. So how is the Korda worse then the others? I agree with what you say about a lot of stuff just being badged but made by the same manufacturer but again what is so bad if Korda do it?

I assume you also buy and use fishing tackle, so which brands do you use?

Plus if you use unbranded/less known but good quality kit do share the information with the wider AN community. It's not only the kids that could do with saving a few pounds on tackle.

Dave, you do need to get over this anti-rig fixation you have.

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Species Caught 2013

Species Caught 2012
Species Caught 2011
Species Caught 2010
Species Caught 2009
Species Caught 2008
Species Caught 2007

I think we should form ANMAPS and ban anyone from posting on AN who is not a member :group:

Splendid idea.

It would be even better if I knew what ANMAPS was.

Elton, make it so.

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Species Caught 2013

Species Caught 2012
Species Caught 2011
Species Caught 2010
Species Caught 2009
Species Caught 2008
Species Caught 2007

John and Dale....You worry me. At your ages you can turn...I can lend you my stockings for the AN weekend if you wish :)

Dave would that be turn to the dark side or the pink side.

Youngsters have got more money to spend than a lot of adults these days and wasting it on hyped up fishing gear is a lot better than wasting it on many other things that are popular amongst the young.

I used to despair at how youngsters go to carp fishing without any experience of other species but of late have changed my opinion. Most carp anglers are taught how to respect carp and even to the point of treating their wounds. They wouldn't dream of going fishing without an unhooking mat.

I have seen a few that have now progressed to other species and carry those practices of fish welfare with them.

I also know of a few matchmen who believe all pike should be knocked on the head and shuvved down rabbit holes. Not a good example to the young.

I think healthy wealthy companies that sell or produce fishing gear are great. Without them and their products money generated in the sport would be a lot less and tackle shops would be struggling even more.

john

• Like 1