Fanny madeofbrass?

Dave H

I want to discuss Randy cuthegrass.This man after a layoff of 15 years haunts me. I have nothing against a man rising to the top but I do if I feel he has harmed anything on its way. I remember fishing with a Dacron hair rig invented by maddogs in the late 70’s and to me the principle was good well it’s proved it has. Peter Blenheim has always produced quality equipment and coming back he still does so I feel admiration for him. A man called Steve bruiser who was a younger version of mar oaktree has not changed although his Jesus/ hippy sandals are a worry.

We now come to Danny shinybrass and I honestly believe i think he has got rich on the back of bad angling. He seems to have got on the back of carp fishing and not all round fishing as many have but purely on carp.

I have never seen so many useless rigs and truth be told far too complicated for the 12 year old angler who gets the rig wrong and damages the fish or kills it.

The carp in the main just waft up bait and a simple bolt rig is effective. Yes watercraft is needed but that’s it. Find them and if they are on the feed they will take the food. I am not having a go at the carp angler in fact I think they have been duped. But let’s get back to a Korea video. 5 hours on how to catch a carp obviously with the Korea range but still 5 hours! Kids being a free cd ( I wonder what age group he was targeting there) had a boy on the bank recently telling me he was fishing with a Snowball pop up over 10 kg of doilies soaking them in glug or glow or whatever . He had 6 of them at about £10 a time and he was 15 years old. :bones:

So unlike other celeb anglers they may be making a buck but not so much on anglers who have no idea what a Blitz rig is. A rig that uses a heavy bomb i was told

Rant over...It’s only as it’s a nice day and I can’t fish today with my boil in a bag rig i am moaning and i have to tidy my room. Got jelly and ice cream later though :icecream:

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

I call him: Fanny Barearse.

He takes it any way he can (money that is)!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Korda perfectly embodies the modern 'carp machine' that a lot of us dislike. Having said that, I do use some of their gear because I think it's good, and I have to admit that whatever I think of the instant carper and their effect on general fishing, Korda is a very well run and exceptionally well marketed company.

• Like 1

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Korda perfectly embodies the modern 'carp machine' that a lot of us dislike. Having said that, I do use some of their gear because I think it's good, and I have to admit that whatever I think of the instant carper and their effect on general fishing, Korda is a very well run and exceptionally well marketed company.

May you wash your mouth out and be banished to the four corners of the earth!

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

I have to agree with Anderoo, I use some of there stuff. It generally does what it is supposed to do and does it well. I'm not sure there is actually a need for it all but some of it is very useful. There underwater dvds I think are really interesting. I do understand your point about kids not knowing any different (also anyone new to fishing). But I don't think this is any different to a lot of industries most companies make what sells not just what is needed, although it maybe isn't what is right it is normal.

All,

As a general statement I am ambivalent about Korda products. (I don't like their hooks for safety reasons.)

What I do NOT like are statements from them like this: """""No angler should call themselves an angler if they knowingly return a fish with visible mouth or body damage without doing something to help that fish.""""

Korda tends to promote the projection of an angler with personal conflicts and baseless guilts. These anglers nearly always ascribed to hostility for others who believe carp are fish.

Phone

Overall there is a lot of kit that is there to catch the angler and that is true of all tackle manufacturers. Korda are perhaps the most aggressive as they have the Thinking Tackle show on Sky which allows them to go on about their products. although i use some of their products, ESP make better rig tubing and safe links even though Korda seem to pride themselves on their end tackle. The worst is their goo range which my club promptly banned as it looks like radioactive waste in the water.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

You'll always have people selling things that people don't need and you'll always have people stupid enough to buy it.

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."