£2 coin value

Zinky

Scott:

Scott:

i got 12p for 6 1933 pennies ,thats over 100% gain :)

You were robbed, isnt the 1933 penny the UK's rarest coin?

Scott.

Not if there were six of them and chesters had them all!

dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

chesters1:

i got 12p for 6 1933 pennies ,thats over 100% gain :)

What did you do with the seventh?

Alive without breath,

As cold as death;

Never thirsty, ever drinking,

All in mail never clinking.

I`ll just get me rod!!!

From here I found this:

I have a £2 coin with the Queen wearing a necklace but all my other £2 coins have a different Queen's head. Is it worth anything?

Yes - £2! There is a common misconception that the 1997 £2 coin (the one showing the Queen with a necklace) is worth more than later issues but sadly this isn’t the case. The rumour started because in 1997, when the £2 coin was due to be launched, there was a problem with the electronic signature (which allows vending machines to tell what coin it is). This meant the launch was delayed until spring 1998. In the meantime the Queen’s portrait was changed and it was thought that the ‘old style’ £2 coins wouldn’t be issued at all; this would mean that those pre-sold in packs or sets would be the only ones bearing the “Necklace portrait”, making them rare. However, as 13 million 1997 £2 coins had been minted, it was decided to release them anyway - meaning that they are actually quite common. The reason that they aren’t as common as the ones featuring the other portrait of the Queen is simply that “only” those 13 million were minted, whereas every £2 coin since then has had the other style bust on it, just like every other coin minted from 1998 onwards.

and from The Royal Mint

When people ask how many 1933 pennies there are we can say that we have a fairly good idea but the truth is that we do not know for sure. There is firm evidence for six specimens, and more tentatively we think that a seventh may have been struck. But with no record having been kept of precisely how many were actually made we cannot be absolutely sure of the number.

The Royal Mint strikes coins on demand. If there are enough of a particular coin already in circulation there will be no requirement for the Mint to add to the existing stock. This was no less true in the 1930s than it is today and it goes a long way to explaining why it is that the 1933 penny is one of the most valuable coins of which you are ever likely to hear.

There was a marked variation in the number of pennies produced in the fifteen years after the end of the First World War. Large numbers were issued between 1919 and 1921, but no pennies were released bearing the dates 1923, 1924 or 1925, and again by 1932 the major banks had such large quantities in hand that there was no need strike pennies dated 1933.

In these circumstances no pennies of 1933 should exist. There is a tradition, however, of burying complete sets of current coins under the foundation stones of new buildings and in 1933 the Mint received three requests to this end. Robert Johnson was the Deputy Master of the Mint and in deciding that a very limited number of complete sets of British coins dated 1933 should be prepared to satisfy this demand he knew that he was creating a modern rarity. A set of coins, including a 1933 penny, was sent to the University of London in Bloomsbury and also to two churches in the diocese of Ripon in Yorkshire. The Mint kept two specimens for its own collection and in addition one was given to the British Museum.

Scott.

Dian heard the same rumor about the £2 coins & started saving the ones with the queen wearing a necklace, i happened to mention to a fella in the gagrage one night & he asked me to ring her & get to bring them all down as he would give her £5 each for them.

10 mins after the phone call Dian turns up with my mum & between them they had over £100 worth of £2 coins, the fella was true to his word & brought the lot (after trip to the cash point)

That made a grand total of £250 (£50 for mum & £200 for Dian).

The bloke was from Liecster & is a collector of coins so i guess he knew they're worth something.

He did say something about the Queen not liking the picture & the fact you can push the middle bit out (or summat like that)

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

i bought an everlasting strip with the other six :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Yonks ago the local cinema would let you in for a penny, but it had to have certain date on it. I think it was 1951.

Jim Roper

http://www.searchlineuk.com/FishList.htm

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Chesters, 12p is about 29 old pennies so it is almost 400% gain. By the way, did you have them from new?

even better 4x the profit ,no they wern`t new my dad made them years ago :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson