tiger nuts, still useable?

viney

Emptying the garage this evening to move house and came across a tub of dynamite tiger nuts that were opened 2 years ago, they don't smell bad and aren't mouldy and have been sat in there own juice in a screw top container since they were opened, the juice has gone really gloopy. Would fish still feed on them or should I just chuck them?

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

Fish will eat just about anything, I've thrown some really rank particles at them (and caught) on numerous occasions, your tigers don't sound as though they would be out of my comfort zone; sometimes fish will actually prefer the stuff that has basically fermented.

Smell is a good indicator that something has 'gone' too far. The fact it smells ok means that although there has been fermentation taking place, it could be that the raised alcohol content has stopped the batch turning even further or you just jammily managed to come across them, when they are probably ready and best used.

That slime is EXACTLY you want to putting in with your feed. All thoise lovely gloopy, sugars, yeasts, flavours etc. Like horrible grey snot....YUM YUM!!

Creates a nice visusl cloud on contact with the water too.

The fish love it when pulses and nuts are in that condiditon.

Edited by Andy Macfarlane

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

At least you cant be accused of not prepairing them correctly!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

I'm amazed they still seem OK after that long! I got one of the big jars last summer for prebaiting a spot on the Thames where I'd seen a decent carp, and after a week the remining ones had gone off. I'd be inclined to bin them, even if they appear OK. Worst case is you use them and they actively repel fish. Maybe try them at an easy water first if you're determined to use them, just to check.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

They are currently in their best form. All of those sugars are breaking down and fermenting nicely. Im suprised the lid hasnt gone pop yet though to be honest. Try doing it with active CSL and see what happens lol.