CCleaner pro

Andrew

Has anyone got this installed as opposed to the free version, any advice on it, is it worth installing on a home PC ?

Thanks in advance.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrew,

I did - you have to be smarter than your computer to use it. I'm NOT.

I now run the free version and it does what Newt told me it would do. I'm just not sure what that is.

Phone

Andrew - The Pro version can remove trash files from all the IDs/logins on a PC. The free version can only remove those from the ID that runs it. In some situations that would be an essential feature and in others, it would not. It can also be set to automatically update to a new version when one is released.

I don't need either of those features enough to pay for the product.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

The free version prompts me to update if there's a new version available. I'm not sure I'd want *any* software to update automatically. I'm sticking with the free version :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Thanks, :clap3:

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

I started using CCleaner in early 2004 when it was still named Crap Cleaner so I'm very familiar with it and don't hesitate to recommend it. I think the first release of Glary Utilities was quite a bit later and from reading the features, I might have started with it if both had been available.

The main attraction of CCleaner both for personal use and for recommending to others is the registry cleaning and repair feature. It is not the "best of breed" in terms of how much it will find in the registry that needs removing but many of the more aggressive products can occasionally goof and damage a system by removing too much. I honestly don't know how Glary rates in that respect.

Registries do need cleaning but I wanted to recommend a tool that is pretty well bullet proof even for a novice PC user.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I think the best thing about Glary is its ease of use, ive got ccleaner too it doesnt hurt to have something else handy :) i like glarys one click maintenance which does all the major cleaning such as registry, temp, cookies etc etc, i think it scans and cleans in about 8 or more places with the 1 click maintenance.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

What NEWT says I have to say. I WAS going to update to the paid version as I use it so much!! BUT after Newts Wisdom yet again I think I'll simply make the guy a contribution as I like to reward the good ones!

And I'm gonna try Andy's too. Something I was told by a certain SAGE upon these very pages, NEVER hurts to have TWO apps which not only work well but are also FREE?

(Andy. please look for my PM mate??!!)

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))