For you Cola Drinkers

Newt

To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coke into the toilet. Let it sit for one hour, then flush clean.

To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a crumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coke.

To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coke over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coke to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coke into the baking pan; wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coke will help loosen grease stains.

It will also clean road haze from your windshield!

In many states the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

Now this just FREAKS me out:

There was a competition in Delhi University: "Who can drink the most Coke?". The winner drank 8 bottles and died on the spot because he had too much carbon dioxide in the blood and not enough oxygen. YIKES!

If you put a broken tooth in a bottle of Pepsi, in 10 days it will fully dissolve!

And We Drink This Stuff?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Guest sslatter
Newt:

To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coke into the baking pan; wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

Newt? Have you tried this?

Haven't. But it sounds good if you like a sweet ham. I use hot mustard and black pepper when I don't smoke them.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

No but nothing beats going out, catching a nice plump trout, filleting/gutting it yourselfa dnthen smoking it less than 2 hours after it was caught. DELICIOUS! Thats what I had for dinner on Sunday! :D:D

Tight Lines,

Matt AKA "The Kid!"

FishingPosts

Funny you saying cook your ham in cola, Nigella Lawson gave a recipe in our local paper last week and it was to cook ham in 1 litre of coka cola no foil! I don't fancy it myself due to the fact that I can't stand cola. Someone must have tried it. :confused:

[ 30. January 2003, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: Eileen B ]

years ago i worked in a metallurgy lab,they were doing research for pepsi to find a new form of container,coke and pepsi contains phosphoric acid some of the different strengths of metal were eaten through quite quickly.i stopped drinking it then

nursejudy

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Newt:

There was a competition in Delhi University: "Who can drink the most Coke?". The winner drank 8 bottles and died on the spot because he had too much carbon dioxide in the blood and not enough oxygen. YIKES!

Now that's what I call a 'STIFF Drink'!

Use a Lure Instead !! ;)