the mower murderer

Funny stuff but the police have no sense of humour about shotguns with barrel or stock shortened beyond a certain point so the man may well be in a heap of trouble.

Shooting the mower with a legal weapon would have been a fairly minor misdemeanor with a smallish fine and possibly some community service hours.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Funny stuff but the police have no sense of humour about shotguns with barrel or stock shortened beyond a certain point so the man may well be in a heap of trouble.

Shooting the mower with a legal weapon would have been a fairly minor misdemeanor with a smallish fine and possibly some community service hours.

If you hit it with a legal sledge hammer would that be a minor or major misdemeanor ????? :rolleyes::D:lol::lol:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Only a problem if you sold tickets for something like $1 per hammer blow to others who were tired of their mowers and wanted to take it out on yours. In fact, if someone called the police and the officer responding also hated to cut grass, you'd probably just get a warning.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I once saw a guy with a lawnmower without the engine on the infield at the Indy 500, right after it ended. He was repeatedly smashing it against a parking post while cursing drunken oaths. Really weird. Then another drunk atop a nearby motor home said, "Hey man, when you're done with that you can do my lawn."

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

OI OI,

He must have shot the lawnmower out of season LOL

:P:P:P:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

A couple of questions regarding this story really :D

1, He is 56 years old and still lives with his Mother?

2, If he is 56, then how old is his Mother?

3, What do you expect when you allow people to have possession of guns in their houses?

4, If in America, you can own a gun and keep it in your household, what on earth would you use it for if it was illegal to to take out anyway?

5, if you have a gun in use on your property, whether in the garden or not, is it not legal to therefore use it? Are you able to use your gun in your house in America?

6, Do people know their rights of use for a gun if they decide to own one?

7, Did this poor fella know it was illegal to use his gun in his garden? (if not, then perhapos he hadn't committed an offence at all, you can't commit a crime if you do not realise that what you are doing is actually a crime. However whther this crime is petty or not is too be argued.)

I feel for the poor kid, i know if i had problems with electrical equipment and had possession of an offensive weapon, i wouldn't hesitate to use it :rolleyes: , overall this is just a snippet of the sort of crazyness that occurs in the United States of Ass due to their careless approach to the subject of guns, which all in all, are designed to kill other humans.

The funniest story i absolutely revelled in was when dick chaney nearly blew his lawer's head on a shooting trip...excuse: "i thought he was a bird2........yeah dick :huh:

3, What do you expect when you allow people to have possession of guns in their houses?

Reasonable use as with any other tool you might own.

4, If in America, you can own a gun and keep it in your household, what on earth would you use it for if it was illegal to to take out anyway?

The issue here was that the weapon was illegal due to user-made modifications (cutting down the barrel and stock below legal limits for a shotgun).

5, if you have a gun in use on your property, whether in the garden or not, is it not legal to therefore use it? Are you able to use your gun in your house in America?

Yes and yes.

They certainly should if they own one, just as a driver should know the rules about use of an automobile.

7, Did this poor fella know it was illegal to use his gun in his garden? (if not, then perhapos he hadn't committed an offence at all, you can't commit a crime if you do not realise that what you are doing is actually a crime. However whther this crime is petty or not is too be argued.)

- The crime was possession of an illegal weapon.

- In the States, ignorance of a law is no excuse for breaking that law. You might want to check since I think the same is true in the UK.

- Possession of an illegal firearm is a felony and carries jail time. A sawed off shotgun brings a lesser penalty than a machine gun or grenade launcher but still a penalty.

Reasonable use as with any other tool you might own.

The issue here was that the weapon was illegal due to user-made modifications (cutting down the barrel and stock below legal limits for a shotgun).

Yes and yes.

They certainly should if they own one, just as a driver should know the rules about use of an automobile.

- The crime was possession of an illegal weapon.

- In the States, ignorance of a law is no excuse for breaking that law. You might want to check since I think the same is true in the UK.

- Possession of an illegal firearm is a felony and carries jail time. A sawed off shotgun brings a lesser penalty than a machine gun or grenade launcher but still a penalty.

Almost all of the above applies equally to the UK, newt.

You are totally legally allowed to have guns in your house, they just need to be locked away and cannot be use in the property *unless it happens to have it's own shooting range attached.

I'm not sure about which firearm would be worse in the UK, probably all the same, except the grenade launcher as it would probably come under some anti terrorist legislation.

<edit>

And check out the last bit of the report, only in America...;

A local retailer said that Mr Walendowski might now have difficulty getting his lawn mower repaired.

"Anything not factory recommended would void the warranty," said Dick Wagner, of Wagner's Garden Mart in Milwaukee.

Rob.

Edited by RobStubbs

He did well to say that without biting the tongue that was obviously in his cheek.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.