Using Spinners Locally

codplaice

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you guys for all the feed back.

its a SPINNER i have,the rules says no spinners,lures or live bait.i just like the idea of spinners cuz it keeps you active rather than just sitting and waiting.

my mind wanders quite easily and tend to get abit impatient when float fishing or carp fishing.

ooo yeah the trent,i could try here,will look up on the rules for it.

Cod,

Everything you mention is a "lure" in the broadest sense of the word. Yet, in post #1, #4 and #14 you say others are using "thingys". Any thingy that isn't or hasn't been alive is a lure - some with - some without spinners. Deads would be all or parts of something that had been alive.

I guess other anglers may be dragging "naturals". That would be bait include worms, insects, leeches, minnows, eels, crayfish, shell fish, mice, ducklings, frogs, road kill - on and on.

Phone

Edit: according to the rules I guess they would all have to be "dead" (?) Wonder why they didn't just say "deads and veggies only".

Edited by Phone

cheers phone,

i spoke to an older bloke last night who fishes at the duck ponds too and i thing he said it was a pike wobbler or some thing.

but given the info i have read from you guys,ive either got it wrong or the lads who was using it was lying about it lol.

i will be going to the trent for more spinner.

thanks for the advice fellas,and happy fishing :)

cheers phone,

i spoke to an older bloke last night who fishes at the duck ponds too and i thing he said it was a pike wobbler or some thing.

but given the info i have read from you guys,ive either got it wrong or the lads who was using it was lying about it lol.

i will be going to the trent for more spinner.

thanks for the advice fellas,and happy fishing :)

Did he sayh he was wobbling? If so he could be 'wobbling' dead baits. Quite a good technique where you basically flutter a dead bait through the water. Kind of a hybrid between deadbaiting and lure fishing.

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

Some venues will differentiate between plugs and spinners - in my area there are sections of river where we can use plugs
(at certain times) but never spinners.

@ Phone - the water gets muddied over here for us grubby little oiks when Salmon are also on the menu.

i just like the idea of casting and retrieving and constantly being active,don't get me wrong,i like the float fishing,its the reason i have caught anything so far haha.

Try looking up fishing 'on the drop' with a float and loosefeeding 'little and often'. That's about as close to being actve as it gets with a float rod and if it's frantic enough, probably even more so.

I often fish for rudd in the Summer and I probably do more active casting for them than I ever did fishing with lures.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Try looking up fishing 'on the drop' with a float and loosefeeding 'little and often'. That's about as close to being active as it gets with a float rod and if it's frantic enough, probably even more so.

thats what i was doing last weekend and ended up with 14,my best yet,it was a matt hayes DVD on youtube that gave me that idea of throw in maggots round your float little but often and it will work them up into a frenzy,bloody worked too lol.

@AddictedToScopex

yeah that sounds about right,im ok to use deadbait :)