more culture down the drain

chesters1

i hear in the queens speach today reference to the new euro subdivision of england ,looks like more civil servents needed for the now 3 tier governing ,england will disapear :mad:

also in doing a bit of research into silver hallmarks i notice that in 1999 our tradition of hallmarking has also been usurped ,until then only silver with british hallmarks was classed as silver all foreign rubbish was "white metal" this has died now any old rubbish is silver :mad:

January 1999 ? European Hallmarking

"From 1 January 1999 new legislation has brought the British hallmarking system in line with the rest of Europe. Until now, only wares containing a minimum of 925 part per thousand of pure silver were hallmarked and allowed to be referred to as silver. The new legislation allows a wider range of purity to be hallmarked in the UK as silver. This includes imported silver, such as the 800 standard which is popular in Scandinavia.

The Customs Act of 1842 stipulated that all silver imported to the UK was to be assayed and marked in a UK assay office, also backdated 42 years to 1800. From 1904 the imported silver head to be marked with the relevant standard in decimal. There is no longer a requirement for every piece imported into the UK to be stamped with British hallmarks as marks from a recognised European country are acceptable."

europe here we come ,referendum no chance were almost there , will we replace foxhunting with euro funded bull fighting

:mad:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chesters???

I was on the point of offering you a Tenner to a penny about us joining the euro?

After seeing news footage of thousands of illegals waiting to storm the chanell tunnel and ferry ports in Europe. I think it`s high time we cut all links with Europe and went back to our old commonwealth and non-EU ties!!

Why on earth do we even want to be included in the same chapter as the Greek cypriots, Turks or any of the former Yugoslav republics!!

I think it`s time we went back to gunboat diplomacy. Before we give refuge to another million gangsters!

Paul.

:rolleyes: Bck to the tinnies. :mad: :mad:

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

i only wish we had some gunboats ,out of our 3 carriers only 1 is fit for duty ,we no longer rule the waves, even little iceland in the cod wars won and their gunboats were converted trawlers :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

little onions:

Am I safe in assuming your politics are slightly to the right of Atilla the Hun? :D

Slightly to the right of Jeremy Clarkson, Genges Khan, Princess Anne (who once said she was to the right of Genges Khan)!

Jim Roper

http://www.searchlineuk.co.uk/FishList.htm

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

spasor:

After seeing news footage of thousands of illegals waiting to storm the chanell tunnel and ferry ports in Europe.

Why on earth do we even want to be included in the same chapter as the Greek cypriots, Turks or any of the former Yugoslav republics!!

The place where I work has recently taken on a lot of agency staff. Most appear to be foreigners. Their supervisor says they are waiting for their asylum claims to be processed and are on benefit. What they earn at New Look is extra pocket money!!

Hope you are all paying your taxes to keep them!

Jim Roper

http://www.searchlineuk.co.uk/FishList.htm

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net