Autopsies and Post mortems

Colin Brett

I can understand the need for a PM when a sudden death occurs, but why do we subject nearly all people who die to this lust for knowledge?

My wife works in the funeral trade and she often tells me of poor old men and women who in their nineties are subjected to this degrading practise.

Most other countries don't do it, why do we?

Come in Chesters1

Colin

because the law says we must ,usually (as far as i know) if you havent a terminal illness and havent seen a doctor in the last 3 months a pm is obligitory , i think if a relative of mine dropped dead i would want to know why ,the deseased dont care either way :)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Rules for the US are pretty much what chesters1 indicated they are over there.

Any "unattended" death requires a PM. Unattended being not in a hospital and not being followed closely by a physician who will certify the cause and that the death was expected and that he/she was seeing the patient regularly and had done so recently.

Too many elderly folks otherwise might be killed (on purpose or accidently but as part of abuse) for their estate or just because their family was tired of messing with them.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

quote:

Originally posted by Colin Brett:

[QB][/QB]

Colin, I hope you don't mind but this reminds me of a little story that a traine nurse told me many years ago.

Evidently when a person dies the medical staff have to tie things off and block orrafices with cotton woll (scuse spelling).

Anyway this young nurse had her back to the door of the laying our room with her head bent over the lower regions of a dead man. The sister comes in and shouts at her "what the .... do you think you are doing" nurse "I am trying to get this bloody cotton wool down the end of his penis,

Oh sheet what did you think I was doing?

And that is a true story. :)

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Alan Taylor:

Alan Taylor:
Colin, I hope you don't mind but this reminds me of a little story that a traine nurse told me many years ago.

Evidently when a person dies the medical staff have to tie things off and block orrafices with cotton woll (scuse spelling).

Anyway this young nurse had her back to the door of the laying out room with her head bent over the lower regions of a dead man. The sister comes in and shouts at her "what the .... do you think you are doing" nurse "I am trying to get this bloody cotton wool down the end of his penis,

Oh sheet what did you think I was doing?

And that is a true story. :)

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

In my previous line of work I had to attend many post mortems. The pathologist was one of these chaps who would let you watch over his shoulder and explain things as he went. BRILLIANT I for one thoroughly enjoyed every one. You just have to ignore it is a human being and just treat it like an animal.

Guess which pt*t forgot to watch Channel 4 last night.

i'm watching,

but you have to get through watching one the best you can,lots of people pass out,Alan(nl)has been doing the rounds for years,when i was training afemale student was supposed to have done the same. nursejudyxxxxx

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

quincy is a cool guy ,whatever the copper says quincy proves its the opposite ,cant imagine girls wanting an old guy living on a boat smelling of entrails and excreta ,but hey maybe its the money :D or is it just a fictitional american drama ,i dont know :confused:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson