Its starting

yoxer

Allies bomb key Iraqi targets

· 'Undeclared war' enters new phase

· Missile systems hit

· Rocket launchers destroyed

the targets were surface to surface weapons not surface to air. the only reason must be to clear a safer way through for, as the sun says, war a week thursday.

blair was either a liar when he said there was no hurry, or a poodle with no idea whats actually happening.

oh, and bush has rewarded him by giving one of their top units to uk control.It must make Blair very happy,its what he always wanted, pity he is meant to me our prime minister, not saviour of the world and elected dictator

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good. Sooner it starts, sooner its over, sooner we can all talk about something less boring instead.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Yoxer, I for one have a lot more respect for what Tony Blair has to say than what you have to say. The chances are that he is in possession of rather more pertinent and current information than you are.

I have no doubt he is , so why spin all the cr## about wmd and protecting the people of Iraq . Ohh I love that bit , Like the US and Blair protected the Tibetans? Or the people of Myanmar or China or Paraguay or Indonesia or Chechnya or Afghanistan or Zimbabwe or Namibia or Angola or South Africa or Western Sahara or Algeria or Colombia or Guatamala or Cuba?

How can the west have any credibility when it's clearly the aggressor?

quote:

I have no doubt he is

Well if you agree, there must be some credibility in his case. I don't think that any British Prime Minister would willingly send young service people into the theatre of war without good reason. Furthermore, I can assure you that senior military commanders do not undertake tasks that they feel are ill conceived.

Yoxer, doesn't your conscience bother you residing in such a despotic, dishonest society (from your perspective, not mine).

I have no doubt this war will take place Peter. I have every reason in the world to doubt its over wmd , humanitarian reasons , or even oil, fortunately so do a hell of a lot of other people that have questioned the lies , and fabricted evidence presented to us . Maybe there is a good reason, I do not know , and its obvious neither does anyone posting on this board. What I do understand is that this act is against international law with Bush and Blair acting in the manner of dictators. Yes its OK for western nations to have wmd but not for others , this is of course logical as we would never invade another country .....oh hold on thats not quite right is it , nevermind . I can also see why the west would not want dispicable regimes such as Iraq with the capacity to manufacture these weapons , however if the west is insisting on a ban of all materials involved in such manufacture , they are condeming every third world country to poverty as they can not industrialise without such materials. I would also like an explaination of how this act is going to make the world a lot safer place to live in when I can only see the opposite, and even more resentment aimed at the west. The fight is against terrorism , a fight that will never be resolved with more violence .

The US is preparing to use the toxic gass agents in Iraq in contravention of the Chemical Weapons Convention. 2nd March 03

The revelations leave the Bush administration open to charges of double standards at a time when it is making Iraq's suspected arsenal of chemical and biological weapons the casus belli.

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/americ...sp?story=383006

quote:

He specified that they could be used "where there are enemy troops in a cave [and] you know there are women and children in there with them".

Having a little experience in these matters, a perfectly valid solution to a probable scenario. Better than lobbing a few explosive charges in.

The real problem with our society is that there is far too much influence exerted on political powers by profit making conglomerates where the pound/dollar rules. It is the managers/owners/investors in these institutions that are the shameless in our society, not the ordinary average folk. Regardless of this, I still don't see why we should comply with the wishes of external foreign powers. If these persons (I would have preferred an impolite adjective) confined their protests to civilised debate, I may have more time for them. But I'm damned if I should modify my thoughts and actions just because some bigot tells me that I'm an infidel and then carries out an act of terrorism that breaks a few more laws than using a bit of CS gas. I live in a free (relative) country, where, within the law I'm allowed my own thoughts and actions. If these people had their way, I wouldn't be, and fear of them won't stop me from defending my freedom. I find it intolerable that some people that enjoy these freedoms prefer the ways and views of those that would remove it from us.

"Your either with us or against us", is a pretty far reaching and simplistic statement, but it's about right.

yoxer:

blair was either a liar when he said there was no hurry, or a poodle with no idea whats actually happening.

Yoxer,I think that's actually what's known as disinformation.

Call it what ever you wish AJP .....the man said only yesterday there was no hurry

Peter : "I still don't see why we should comply with the wishes of external foreign powers. " What are these wishes of external forgien powers your on about ? Have you got a link to these that can be checked ?