copyright wonderings

chesters1

i have found an advert in an old annual (the sun book of fishing about 1979 ,ring publications) i cannot find any references to the publisher on the web (they might have changed name???) i emailed the suns corperate dept asking if i need their permission but have had no responce ,how long does the copyright last or is the add still the property of the advertee?

any help appreciated :confused:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

typical :confused: the advert was from an american firm (sealy, part of gladding) advertising an english based production (intrepid ,falmouth) reel ,do i have to find the photographer of the advert ???? ,it gets harder :( in an british publication :(

i`m phoning sean o,driscol tomorrow (tackle and guns) i`l make sure i get written permission to use his magazines adds :) unless ofcourse they belong to the person who took the pics :( why is life so difficult for fat bearded people :( ) :D

[ 03. December 2002, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Usually if you acknowledge the source for Ads etc. they don't mind you reproducing them in a not for profit way...

specially with current Ads... You can copy the ads for my sites any time.

anglingireland.info

Art Gallery

:):rolleyes:

P.S. the Paintings on the Art site are copyright of the Artist, namely me.... :D

...and I don't want to hear any remarks about Drawing the Dole! :mad:

[ 04. December 2002, 12:51 AM: Message edited by: greg long ]

IF YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE THE BEST

Don't seek a second opinion.

http://www.anglingireland.info

Fish Paintings

Linocut fishy prints..

nice one on gallery 2 (the waves one on the beach) but they are not very intrepidy :D

still no response from the suns corperate arm :(

how do i find the graphics artist for a 20 year old magazine advert for a defunct company from a probably defunct publishing company :confused:

getting a little worried about the adds i posted on collectors net ,is there a company that bought a company who bought a company that used the adds ,are their lawyers looking me up now :)

[ 04. December 2002, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

one hurdle over (in theory)

Dear Dave,

As a rule adverts belong to the advertiser. So you will probably need to

contact the company that placed the advert rather than the newspaper or book

publisher.

I hope this is of some help to you.

Yours sincerely,

Sandra Brind (Ms)

Syndication Administrator

News International Newspapers Limited

i have now e`mailed south bend to see if gladding is still a part of them :)

[ 05. December 2002, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Someone once told me that the original photographer has the copyright for 70 years, of any picture they have taken.

Jim Roper

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net