Canadian anglers want info on UK fishing?

Muskyfanatic

Hello everyone, I'm a Brit now living in Canada. I recently started my own fishing show over here called "Urban Outdoor Adventures", we actually covered carp fishing on a couple of episodes this season. The viewers seem to love it and have been asking me questions about fishing in the UK.

As you may or may not know, carp are thought of as garbage fish by many North American Anglers, we are slowly changing that view however. Being somewhat out of touch I have placed a link on our message board to this site so that our viewers can contact you guys directly, who better to answer their questions. So if you don't mind, you can expect a few Canadian visitors (o:

If it's OK with your Admin team, you can check out some Canadian fishing info and videos on our site at:

www.hookmorefish.com

Cheers and all the best, Shaun

Hi Shaun and welcome to Angler's Net. We'd love to have more Canadian visitors. We've already got a US moderator who's a very active poster.

You may find the article I wrote comparing British and American fishing methods of use. Go to http://anglers-net.co.uk/authors/steve07.htm

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Shaun - you and any others are certainly welcome on here. Good forum and some folks who know lots about all sorts of UK angling.

If you aren't already familiar with them, you might want to take a look at a US forum, http://www.carpanglersgroup.com/forum/index.php . CAG is very active with quite a few Canadian members and quite a few Brit transplants living in the lower 48..

What part of Canada for you? And I'm the US mod Steve mentioned. North Carolina.

[ 08. February 2005, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Thanks Newt, I'm located just east of Toronto, Ontario in Pickering. I'll check out the site for sure and will pass it along.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, don't be strangers to our forum, I'm sure you're input will be well received. We have a lot of young guys picking up on the carp fishing, these are the guys who will help change the attitudes toward carp overe here.

Cheers and all the best to everyone, Shaun

[ 08. February 2005, 10:46 PM: Message edited by: Muskyfanatic ]

Welcome to AN Shaun.Look forward to reading posts from you and your mates.As well as asking us questions about our fishing and methods here in the UK rest assured we will be most interested in what you guys get up to! :)

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Shaun, have you fished Rice Lake near Peterborough yet? It's a bit east of Toronto. Excellent fishing for pickerel (walleye) and panfish if you haven't. Just curious.

Ken

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

I am from New York where carp fishing is very slowly catching on. I have enjoyed it for years, the first fish I caught when I was a 2nd grade child (still act like one sometimes) was a large carp, well for a kid any ways, probably about 12 to 15 lbs. Well I was hooked on fishing for them ever since, putting up with a lot of prejudice from my Bass and Trout fishing friends. North America is loaded with large Carp just waiting to be caught AND RELEASED. Unfortunately it’s still legal for people to bow fish for them killing them with arrows and discarded.

Many of us New Yorkers were introduced to float fishing with centrepin reels by our Canadian friends for Steelhead and trout. I always come back to this forum from time to time to learn from all of you who have been fishing this way, well… forever!