YOUTUBE FISHING!

adsangling

I think it's a brilliant idea, I've been watching loads of videos on youtube recently as I'm just starting to get into fishing (as in don't have any gear yet), and I would find this very helpful.

Just make sure you do the explanations well, and inside preferably!

So many videos I watch are filmed outside and are just ruined by wind noise, and then the guy goes "tie this to this, attach this to this using this and away you go!" and I'm like wow wow wow slow down cowboy! explain to me what you are using, and why, thats why I'm watching your video called "How to setup your tackle!"

yeah i agree mate! i think its a good idea though and fun to do, the only thing that puts me off is the comments i will get off people having a go and trying to put you down etc

but im deffo giving it a go pal :) as an angler i think its great to feel you are helping out other anglers :)

It helps to keep in mind that the ones who post nasty comments rarely are people who can do what you do so they make themselves feel big by dissing what you did. They are like mossies that cannot bite - all they can do is make annoying noises.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Exactly what Newt said, you'll always get 13 year old know it alls who have nothing better to do. You could always disable the comments, but that kinda defeats the object of having a discussion.

Just ignore them, and leave it to other people to downvote the negative comments, don't let it put you down man!

I make loads of youtube vids myself...and its fun and educational...

people sharing their knowledge is never a bad thing! regardless of if someone else doesn't think it is or not!

ignore bad comments; but always be polite and explain yourself without reverting to swearing or attacking the poster....the best way to deal with a horrible post is to just be nice in return!

the only posts I remove on my channel are those being offensive or swearing.

take your time with vids as well; there is nothing worse than a really shaky phone video that is out of focus or your just cant see or hear whats going on. in most cases if you know what you want in the video then its easiest to just video someone else doing it!! LOL

that's why im not in the majority of my video footage..i know the shots I want; the views I want and the subjects I want...so I tend to video my friends or family doing what I tell them! LOL and then all I have to do is blame myself if the footage is crappy!

things like gopro's are really handy as well; expensive, but they open up the possibilities of underwater footage and mobile footage etc

finally make sure you have some decent editing software..i use Roxio NXT which handles pretty much all you can throw at it with no complaints. but there are plenty out there to choose from. and ALWAYS record far more footage than you will ever need! in a days fishing I might end up with maybe 10-15 mins of usable footage or footage that does what I want it to....out of maybe an hours actual video time. and an hours recording time is a hell of a lot of footage to sift through and edit!!

good luck and don't forget to link us to your efforts!!

my links is in my sig if you fancy seeing what I do!

• Like 1

It helps to keep in mind that the ones who post nasty comments rarely are people who can do what you do so they make themselves feel big by dissing what you did. They are like mossies that cannot bite - all they can do is make annoying noises.

Thats called free speech or democracy - the foundation of your nation!

Now lets consider the slating most professionaly made TV fishing programs get on this site alone - theres always a comment about something or other being wrong. We moan when people say what we dont want to hear and moan when we cant have our say - you cant win!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

If you don't want criticism then just film it for your own enjoyment and that of your friends and dont post it on U-Tube. As Rudd pointed out even professionaly made TV programs get a slating or holes picked in them and thats on a nice friendly site like AN.

U-Tube and many other on line sites/communities almost exist to take the P out of people and rip them to bits and let people vent their anger or show their imagined superior knowledge on a subject. One of the things that I like about AN is that most times we can discuss things with it being reduced to a slanging match or criticism of each other. Once you leave AN's warm and cosy parlour, its a jungle out there in webland and U-Tube clips are easy fodder.

I have not interest in U-Tube clips and would not know how to advise some one on the does and donts of creating one but one piece of advice I would venture would be don't do one on Pike fishing.

• Like 1

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek

I'm always looking on youtube for fishing videos. Some I enjoy or find useful (two different things!), some I don't, but that's normal. I don't leave comments. I notice on some videos the comments section has been turned off, so maybe that's something to consider if you don't want loads of negativity.

I would make them for your own amusement and pleasure, and then if you feel like sharing them on the web, do so. The distinction between enjoyable and useful videos is (I think) a good one to bear in mind. I doubt there's much more to be said about the mechanics of most fishing now to be honest - unless you have some original thinking to share.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music