Bloody Camera!

Steve Walker

My beginner mate caught his first ever freshwater fish last night, a nice tench. He now has a full understanding of the function of a reel's clutch. I think in future, if I'm showing someone how to fish, I'll explain how to play a fish *before* the situation arises :D

Unfortunately, the optical zoom on my digicam has given up the ghost, and the photos are, well, take a look:

Lake 63

Posted Image

Iain's tench (not weighed, somewhere between 4 and 5lb)

Posted Image

My tench (5 3/4lb)

Posted Image

Gutted. They looked OK on the camera.

Blimey. Have I been drinking already? :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Elton:

Blimey. Have I been drinking already? :D

I feel as if I have; last night, and heavily. Didn't touch a drop. Banging headache, sweating and shivering. Summer cold, I expect.

I wish they wouldn't put the warning about Weil's disease so prominently in the clubcard, it's giving me hypochondria.

Steve,

it looks more like a focus problem, does the camera have a manual focus switch that might have been hit, one of mine does and its a pain.

I've been to Scrabster... and I want to go back!!!

It's Kodak DX4900. The lens has extruded itself to its full extent, and won't retract, as if you have tried to zoom in on something as far as it will go. When you turn the camera off, it should retract back into the body and a cover should flip over it, but it doesn't even do that. It just makes a quiet whirring noise and gives up.

My Kodak also packed up recently so I bought a Sony P200 (7 Mega Pixel) £230 from amazon with a free bag. The pictures it takes are superb even in low light good for those late evening catches.

Marzi