Is this an AN centrepin ?

Tigger

someone got a bargin ,not too bad in natural look ,its either one of the pre preduction specials (only AN members got choice of colour and features) or its a brand new one .not a patch on mine though ,mines riverside cammo.......ok its brown

I spoke to the manufacturers about this reel a little while ago, maybe a year or so - still available at that time and presumeably now (directly or via this site), though directly there was the option of a range of colours, and also to have the logo omitted, as some potential buyers had been put off a bit as it was (in their opinion) a bit too much 'in your face'.

It doesn't have Anglersnet on it or were the later ones made without any writing on them? As mine is unique in that I have the only electric blue one, unless there has been other made I don't know about and that it is no 2 off the production and it has a spare spool does that make mine worth more???

I've wondered about the wisdom of that with a couple of my reels, though invariably it was alomost as cheap (and as easy) to just buy another reel of the same model, if neccesary ... or simply carry with me a second different reel as an alternative.

No doubt a second spool should add to any resale value, though I'm not certain about what effect the colour might have on desirability? That said, I've a very nice blue reel too (though not an AN pin!)

Yes look at the seller's name, it's Andy. Good to know he's still making them.

Does Andy not frequent AN any longer ? Pity if he doesn't, it seems there's only a few of us still here posting these days. When I first joined in July 05 the site was buzzing.

What's happend to everyone !

I haven't seen or heard from him in ages, which is a shame. I bumped into Vidar last year at grafham and asked after Andy, as I know they used to fish together, and he hadn't seen much of him either. It is a lot quieter here than it used to be...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Guest bbamboo

I tried to contact the maker on this very site a couple of times but never got a reply I presumed he had stopped manufacturing the centrepins.

I've wondered about the wisdom of that with a couple of my reels, though invariably it was alomost as cheap (and as easy) to just buy another reel of the same model, if neccesary ... or simply carry with me a second different reel as an alternative.

No doubt a second spool should add to any resale value, though I'm not certain about what effect the colour might have on desirability? That said, I've a very nice blue reel too (though not an AN pin!)

I asked for the extra spool as I use my pin for chubbing and grayling fishing it saves keep changing line. I've been panicking as I thought I'd lost it as was about to start posting everywhere as I thought I'd left it on the river bank. Being the colour it is and the Anglersnet name on it actually, in my opinion, makes it very recognisable should it get lost or stolen.

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Hi Lyn, the devil in me is quite good, thanks. I do keep an eye on things but like has been said 'tis quieter nowadays. Pity really but I suppose it's a case of how many times does one answer the same old questions? Miss the regulars of old though.

• Like 1

Peter,

"...how many times does one answer the same old questions."

The hard and fast rule is dictated by the number of post the member has made.

A number of times I have gone back via the search function and read threads of old - older than dirt some of them. When was Elton ever a "guest"? How long do you suppose it's been since Newt had hair?

Phone

Edit: there are about 1400 PAGES in the Coarse fishing section.

Edited by Phone