Tackle rip off?

Guest Jan V
if you think thats pricey look at This

did you read the full listing? the reels are £70.00 and not £7000.00. Sure glad I'm not paying his listing fee since it's based on the starting price.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point is that these arte not "alternative" products but the very same just packaged and marketed differently.

Yeah, thats what I mean. For instance, the beads in the fishing shop for £2 for 10 or 20 (can't remember) (what a rip off either-way) were green, the beads in my wife's floristry kit are pearly in colour, the same size and has a hole through them just like the green ones and cost a quid for about 50.

I buy boxes at B&Q the ones that you can make the internal compartments different sizes,they are in the electrical section and about £6 for the size i wanted. Containers for glugs, different baits all come from morrisons very close fitting lids and all shapes and sizes.Want an unhooking mat? exercise mat or sleeping mat 6ft by 30ins costs between £2.50 and £5.00 you can get them in green. Little camo kids pencil bags dirt cheap good for scissors,forceps etc and as i said in camo colours as well. B)

No! What do you reckon that typo would cost him Jan? and would Ebay make him?

The insertion fee is capped at £1.30 for items listed at £100+ so not a very expensive mistake. the fee for a £70 item is £1 so only cost him 30p

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/fees.html

Mat

Mat

Alternatives to 'branded' tackle?

Back in the day we used old 35mm film canisters for maggot swimfeeders, hair rollers for groundbait feeders, mig welding tips for leger weights and I've still got loads of bits of s/s welding rod that I used for float making, beads for lure bodies, and leger beads.

At one time anything and everything was used, and that was long before 'recycling' became a 'buzz' word. :D

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

My original bolt rigs consisted of a m12 nut and bolt tightened up on a swivel never cared if i lost the weight in the reeds. BTw i was aiming to get right next to a reed bed around 60ys out 1 cast in 5 would result in a hooked reed. I use to make all sorts of junk a lot of which was used once decided it was only fit for the bin and went back to the drawing board. I use to make floats, my lathe was a pistol drill in a vice and a block of wood with a nail in it at other end as a center. I made myself a rod pod long before rod pods were officially invented. There were a few disasters along the way but that was half the fun. What not to try if short on cash old golf brolley painted with green gloss paint it didnt really work lol. Or making your own fishing basket out of plywood(it got a wee bit heavy)

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.

did you read the full listing? the reels are £70.00 and not £7000.00. Sure glad I'm not paying his listing fee since it's based on the starting price.

yes jan i did read the full listing it was the buy now button price i was laughing at £7000.00

so the person would either have to relist or delete the listing to sell them :lol:

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif