Fisheries officer on Southend Pier

sam-cox

why :confused:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chesters,

I must admit to thinking that in an ideal world anglers would be doing more for conservation by keeping a few undersized bass than killing 4,5,6+lb'ers.

However this is not an ideal world and if there were no size limits enforced there would be nothing to stop idiots feathering up a boat full of juvenile fish. And you know they would.

why should we follow unelected rulers dictats ,if their eaten their just fish ,how many would survive if they were put back .

i must admit i return everything including dogs and pout but because i wish to not because some prick in europe says i must .

a person telling me what to do would come up against resistance in my case ,i didnt elect them i dont heed them (also in the case of idiots elected by more idiots in the uk parliament)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

You seem to think these laws are written just to p155 you off and remove your civil liberties.

I think some might even be there to stop the others from taking the mick.

What would you do or say if fishing on a pier and a chinese guy next to you had 50 or so tiddlers in his bag?

Newt:

***Simon***

- Wasted?  Not likely.  Too many sea critters that enjoy a dead fish so they will be used albeit not by a human person.

This is the reasoning followed by Western Australian fisheries too. We frequently get fish bitten in half as we are playing them to the boat. If you keep that fish it is counted as a whole fish, but you are entitled to return it to the water where it is still part of the food chain. Whether sizable or not, the fish is dead and by being returned may well mean that it will be eaten rather than another fish taken. All quite logical when you think about it.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

Sharkbyte:

Something I have mentioned amongst friends a few times is the complete absence in my opinion of any guidance given to summer / holiday anglers from the likes of the NFSA.

Perhaps there's a role here for the tackle shops. How many of them would advise a customer on legal fish sizes etc.??

As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler. Izaac Walton

sam-cox:

sorry Ive just tried to read that and my spellings realy bad.

They did stick notices on the hand rails, but they have all disapeared now.

Just an Idea!

As some one mentioned education of anglers.

Most people visit a tackle shop a some point and make a purchase.

Either a large poster placed in a prominent position, or a leaflet handed to every one who enters explaining the rules and regulations regarding size limits.

Ask a question and be a fool for 5 minutes! Never ask a question and be a fool for life! .

A blind person who sees is better than a seeing person who is blind.

quote:

or a leaflet handed to every one who enters explaining the rules and regulations regarding size limits.
hopefully a large one of several sheets those undersized fish unless wrapped stick like crap to a bit of bed linen