Kayack fishing....record catches in UK

Yakity - Yak - u.k.

Newt, the coils of rope have been one of the things holding me back, the Scotty unit has a great locking mechanism which will unlock with a tug on the line from inboard, you can alter the angle it is set at by 30 degree segments which should help to keep the yak pointing in the right direction. Guess any spare line will have to coil up in the tank well.

Yakity on the alternative anchor ideas, seen that you can buy sand anchors for those horrible jetski things, could be a cheap alternative. :D

And no those aren't my sunglasses, mine were a much classier more expensive model than those old things Art wears, mine are probably being worn by a very cool looking Bass.

Have just uploaded some more shots to the website, couple you may recognise and another of Art chucking the fluff.

Must go my good lady is sighing (I was late home from work again). :(

Starvinmarvin

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one Boys!... :D

YY...you're right I think SM might fit that Anchor System for me...then I'll give him is cheap old nasty sun glasses back!!! :D:D:D ....and to think 50 pence worth of glasses retaining cord thingy would have kept his £150 oakleys on his head!!!!...Still they look good on me...although I do look like a tourist...nobody can afford this sort of kit out here!!! :D

Nice pics SM on the site by the way! :)

Cheers for now...Art

Cheers Art,

I'll be checking those glasses very carefully on my return.

I'm in the midst of replacing them at the moment.

Tell Tom he will be uploaded late tonight, well when the wife isn't looking, (hey not in that way!) .

Yakity what camera are you using, it's taking some mighty fine pictures, Art and I are well impressed, I know that you have some small part in it, well you point and click :D

Starvinmarvin

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Hi Starvin,

Regarding the rope coils, you realy do not want them in the tank well, or any where else.

Just my opinion, but, the less you have to muck about with the better.

Coils of rope are prone to tangle, on the Scrambler I use a simple H frame, like a cable wind thingy, its simple, it has never been a problem, and is efficeient.Once Ive let out enough rope to hold the Yak, I tie a loop in the cord, and clip on, leaveing enough slack to enable the use of the pully system.

The H frame is then stowed behind the seat, with the remaining cord still wraped on it,easey to reach, and at the ready.

When retrieveing the cord, or pulling in the anchor,I wind it up on the frame, easey.

Haveing looked at those glasses again......yep, your right, yours were a more up to the minute looking pair....shhhhhhhhh. :D:D:D

If you havnt already, look at Sea Specs on the net, will be getting a pair soon, ideal for our lot.

Later Marvin.

Yakity. :)

Hi Starvin,

Re the Camera, its a Nikon Coolpix 2200 Digital.

Very user friendly(has to be with me on the end of it)

It comes with the software to download the pics,but useing Infranview, you just plug it in the puter, switch it on and download what you want to keep.

It realy is point and shoot, no photography skills needed.

At £99.99, I think its a steal.

Have bought a water proof box to shove it in, works a treat

The box cost £14 from a local Kayak shop.

Hope this helps.

Later.

Yakity. :)

Starvinmarvin:

Have just uploaded some more shots to the website, couple you may recognise and another of Art chucking the fluff.

Marvin, I can't find the shots, are they on Anglers Net ? or should there be a link to ANOTHER site?

Alan :confused:

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/