Kayack fishing....record catches in UK

Yakity - Yak - u.k.

Hi Geoff-Jubb

A big welcome to the madhouse:D

On the Yak topic, take time to visit the various

sites youll find on the web, there are several suppliers and modles to choose from.

Important things to think of, are.

Transporability,If you drive a mini, you dont want a 16 ft Yak :D

Storage at home, or where ever.

Your own strength, regarding,on and off loading the Yak, also getting the Yak to the launch site.

What type of fishing you want to do,and where you want to fish.

What you will want on your Yak to personalise it for your style and needs.

Like Gonefishing, I ride a Scrambler XT,it is a very stable Yak, with lots of storage areas, and friendly surfaces for mounting or adding your bits and bobs.Performs well in a choppy sea.

Go to Anglers Afloat site and click on links, here you will find leads into the manufacturers,

and suppliers,read,read,read,you will get a lot from it.

Good Luck.

Keep us informed,if you would?

Yakity(Bill) :)

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thaks Yakity!

I've emailed johnsons for a price list. I've looked at the various sites but ocean kayaks is the easiest to understand. I'm going to see if i can find some kayak reviews on some american sites.

Just on the transport side, what kind of length can you strap to an average car?

Cheers for your time! :D

Hi GJ,

The Caper is extremely stable I spend a lot of my time drifting sat side saddle with my feet in the water and yes it is a little shorter than the rest, but it's also a lot lighter and it will fit inside my camper van, that is when the kids and wife aren't in there.

Like Yakity has said take your time have a good read, Ocean Kayak should have some new models out later this month so don't do anything to fast.

If you speak to Johnson Outdoor again please mention the Anglers Afloat website, they have given me a lot of help, which in turn is hopefully helping a lot of new kayak fishermen(women).

Yakity,

Thanks for the shots of the anchor set up, will get something written and up on the site in the near future, also going to see if I can rig it up on my yak, hope it's alright to pinch your fishy shots, can't wait to get down your way again in the future.

Going to get hold of some charts and hunt for some deeper water a bit nearer to home, maybe the Dorset area, might try to meet up with gonefishing and make a day of it, I feel the need to do some exploring. I've still got a new mark to try which Salar has told me about, hopefully the weather will hold into October! :)

Anyway, off to cuddle the wife.

Starvinmarvin

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Thanks everyone. It's a bit of a maze out there. I think i'll try and get one and get it set up for next summer. i think it is more geared towards fishing in southern waters but i love taking holidays in cornwall anyway. There may be some scope for it up here.

Thanks again. :D

[ 06. September 2004, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: Geoff_Jubb ]

Geoff...i have a golf hatchback...the vw roof-rack bars arent spaced very far apart and i can comfortably get my scrambler on it...i dont go loony with it on 50-60 tops...but with some good straps its very solid.

Ocean kayaks (i dont know about the others) stack...i have taken two, but only a short distance...probably wouldnt do over 45 with 2 on just because of the wieght up there.

Fingers x'd starvin :)

How much distance do people cover btw? I used to do quite some distance in my old canoes when i was younger, but i think 10 years of tabs and beer are having their effect...can't believe how fast wetsuits shrink these days

Hi Starvin,

Glad the pics were ok, hope your fit goes well, it is a bonus.

Of course you can have the pics, a pleasure.It will be good to see you again, if you do manage to get down.Like you say hopefully the weather will hold a bit longer.

Al, and I have already been talking about the flounder fishing in the EXE,cold butts then :D

Marvin, if you do plan a trip to Dorset, let me know, Ill ask Al if he fancies a trip, we could meet GF and have a good day.

Enjoy your cuddle :o

Later.

Yakity. :)

Hi geoff,

Good decision,leaveing it till the Summer will give you a lot of time to choose your Yak carefuly.

Also give you time to rig it for fishing,thats as much fun as useing it.

When you choose it, and it arrives, youll be sat in the lounge, in the Yak asking to be splashed with water, I WAS :D:D:D

On the distance thing,we dont tend to paddle miles,there isnt realy any need, well, depending where you fish I suppose.

Were crafty,we choose venues that are easey fishing, were also lazey :D

Keep visiting us here, while waiting for your Yak, be nice to keep in contact.

Have fun.

Later.

Yakity. :)

YY...

that anchor system looks great...I'll wait 'till SM has figured it out and then let him come over here and explain it to me in words of not more than one sillybubble!!! :D

I really need an anchor system as drifting is driving me mad at times. Sometimes it's great to drift and then reposition...but when the wind n tide really join forces I spend mor time paddling than fishing!!!

Anyhow, looks fantastic and I can't wait to fit something similar...although I may wait for my new kayak to arrive...oh yes...the Prowler 13...she will be mine...oh yes she will!!! :D ...

well that or a scrambler xt...or a scupper pro tw....or a caper....or a drifter...oh booger...I'll stick with the malibu for now!!!

Titelines Art :)