Chubbing

Anderoo

I had one! Such a long time coming, I can't tell you how pleased I am.

I had a bite in swim no. 2, which was a little gap between hawthorns, with some pretty nasty near-bank snags. The fish got stuck immediately but I eventually dislodged it with a lot of pulling a bit of luck, and was quite surprised to net a little one, about 2lb. Still, it was a bite, and more action I've had there in a couple of years!

I thought it probably wasn't worth another cast after all the disturbance but decided to have a quick one anyway, just in case. Amazingly I had another bite quite quickly, surprising as I was only fishing a rod-length out. I was expecting another little one but actually it went all solid and something much bigger started pulling back. I kept it on a very short line and held on to keep it out of the hawthorns, but even so it still managed to get stuck under my feet in some vegetation. Luckily I managed to heave it out and into the net. Phew...!

This was a big looking chub - definitely 6+ despite it being pretty empty. It had such a big frame. On the scales it went 6lb 9oz, and with a full belly I really wouldn't like to guess what it could weigh.

After that I thought I should stay on after dark and keep trying, but normal service soon resumed and nothing else happened.

So after all this time I finally got to meet one of these elusive residents! Even though the fish last week from the other stretch was a bit bigger, this one means so much more to me. I don't think I've ever deserved a fish as much as this one.

Makes me wonder what else is mooching around in all that empty water...

IMG_1186_zpsb50a97c5.jpg

• Like 1

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Well done, and well deserved! Congratrulations, Andrew!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Look at the tail on that cracking fish :thumbs: ,gonna have a go tomorrow after rounding up some bread first inspired now face

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Thanks Steve and Steve :)

The solution to baiting up with bread in deep flowing water was embarrassingly simple in the end - just use a big gripmesh feeder instead of balling it in. D'oh!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Thanks Steve and Steve :)

The solution to baiting up with bread in deep flowing water was embarrassingly simple in the end - just use a big gripmesh feeder instead of balling it in. D'oh!

Anderoo I made some of my own just for that ....not that successfully as it happens for that purpose but that is what I had in mind for my bread attack....what sort of weight out of interest?? have a bit of the Thames same as you mention deep water that has just come onto the horizon so will hopefully be trying there soon

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Wow and double wow. If I'd caught a chub that big I'd do a little dance every time it came to mind! Congratulations - it looks like your persistence is finally paying off.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Thanks rob, I have to keep stopping myself!

That one is 6cm longer than the heavier one and despite its big frame was really empty. I don't think the heavier one could weigh much more (although a couple of oz would be nice ;) ) but this one has serious potential, and I think finally proves the potential of this hard stretch to throw up a possible monster. In the pic the tail is folded up towards the camera so it's hard to see its extra length. I bet it's not the biggest one there... I just hope I don't have to wait another 3 years for the next one!