bt broadband???

chesters1

being a bit thick i am having a problem understanding broadband :confused:

i see that BT broadband doesent include any email facilities (i think you can read but not send :confused: )

anyway my questions are

1)do you have to add the Bt line rental to the broadband price :confused:

2)if you need an isp to get mail is there a free one :confused:

i am thinking of upgrading my BTsurftime to BT broadband will i lose my existing email address :confused:

i have sent the exact same questions to both BT and BTYahoo both sent replies completly different to my questions.

being a bit wary i am holding back on upgrading untill i see the REAL price :(

having always used BT i will not try another service as it tends to always come a cropper in my unlucky family

we dont have the luxury of cable (were lucky to have gas :( )

[ 25. July 2004, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

1) Yes, my total phone bill with line rental and BT broadband is around £110 a quarter + calls

2) Use one of the zillions of free mail providers that are out there, Hotmail Gmail etc, or if you want to get techie buy a domain name and set up your own mail server ;-)

Dunno about the BT email addresses, I've never used them for mail.

Mat

Mat

I've never seen a pop-up at home using BT that I don't see when using the leased line at work.

More likely people with spyware / advertware installed on thier PC that they don't know about.

Mat

Mat

I use BT Broadband and apart from a few initial teething problems seems to be working fine, however it is a business broadband connection and I get the feeling that they try a little harder than standard domestic installations even tho' it appears to cost no more. My email is handled by BTclick.com (send and receive) and works very well and in the last few days there's a new BT AV service in place which sorts out viri before Norton even gets a chance to go to work. Since nothing has slipped through to Norton in the last week, I must conclude that the BT solution is every bit as good if not better than Norton..a nice little bonus. There's also a 'spam' indicator. ie anything that looks like spam is labelled 'spam' Not a lot of use really, since I always open it and check to make sure it really is spam before deleting it. But the service is largely 'not bad at all'

Oh and no pop ups that Ive noticed.

[ 26. July 2004, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: argyll ]

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

I completely wiped a machine for somebody and as soon as it connected to his BT Yahoo dialup account, the popups started.

I've put Add-aware, Spybot S&D and Zonealarm on to stop them.

Gmail is great so far! No junk mail yet.

[ 26. July 2004, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: Jim Roper ]

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

thanks i thought the "only" £19.99 or £24.99 was a ruse,i shall bide my time

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

It costs a couple of quid more for the complete ISP package.

I've been with them for a couple of months now, no probs.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE