sp2 probs

kendo

i downloaded a similar size file last night, took about 6 hours on my 56k dial up, i just left it going when i went to bed.

just found out we can get broadband as of next month, cos bt are scrapping the rules about distance

from the exchanges, about time!

"just found out we can get broadband as of next month, cos bt are scrapping the rules about distance

from the exchanges, about time!"

pity they didnt make it cheaper and the cheapest only allows 1gig a month download and they cannot promise anything faster than your old 56k ( i dont even get that usually its 41.2k)as they use the words "up to" before anything relating to speed :mad:

can we pay "up to" no we pay full they should be forced to supply it in full :mad:

a retailer wouldnt be allowed to sell something "up to" at the same price so why should they :mad: and they are just retailers :mad:

[ 28. August 2004, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

i hate it when i agree with you chesters, but this time i do! unfortunately, we're paying about £70 a month for an isdn connection, including calls (dont ask why i used the 56k connection to download sp2, its complicated!) so a 25 quid a month broadband conection will save me lots of money

I wasn't talking about scanning for download size, but scanning for problems.

When you first load xp it asks do you want to check for possible problems, then it will print a report for you of those problems, you cancel the install and go and update whatever drivers need to be..before you install xp.

I just think its strange that Microsfot dont have this facility for sp2, given that there are problems..

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

our landline calls came to £1.42 ,cheapest line rental £29 a quarter ,line rental (or sewerage pipe rental or meter rental) is a rip off and should be abolished mutter mutter

yes we can talk for an hour for 6p but no-ones interesting enough for 1 minute :rolleyes:

i phoned home to the mrs the other day on a pay phone 8 shillings it cost 8 shillings :mad: 30p minimum call + 10p for the call ,all i said was i`l be a bit late home :mad: :mad:

[ 28. August 2004, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

since my update i find so many of the web pages don`t work properly.

for example if i click the forum button i get a blank will not load page.

i am doing this from the bit in the middle of the home page.any ideas? most internet options are set to medium,i run zone alarm though this is unchanged.

later guys i`m going fishing

go figure mozilla firefox works ok!!but even after uninstalling sp2 ie still won`t load the forums page! :confused:

tryed changing and adjusting settings but no change :(

still i am glad i got rid of sp2 the constant messages saying this is not how microsoft want it do this do that crap was very annoying :D .it didnt even have an off switch :mad:

still if anyone has an idea on how to restore iexplorer i would be grateful.

later guys i`m going fishing